Where in Seattle to watch the world cup game?

Alpinfox

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The George and Dragon in Fremont is a very popular football-watching spot. Get there early.

Yeah, I watched the Enland vs. Trinidad/Tobago game there. A little too crowded for my taste, but maybe it won't be so crowded for a non-English game?

What's a "world cup game"?

confused.gifyellowsleep.gif

A refined European event, which, like the Tour de France, offends the delicate sensibilities of the rough and ready American ruffians, who, influenced by the landscapes of the frontier land, prefer other American Football, Basketball, or perhaps Baseball. Its all in my book: America: Her Freedoms and Her Psyche.

The G&D is giving out tickets for the final due to the ammount of people that show up. Tickets get in first then everyone else. This is something they did in the past and it worked great but this year they didn't do it and for some reason this year everyone became a soccer fan and it got nutty busy.

We could hear the G&D perfectly from our house - it was pretty funny. We noticed the cheering theme for soccer is several big build ups of excitment when the ball nears the goal, almost always followed by a groaning sigh when they don't actually score.

I could tell the score of the game by simply listening for the rare continued cheers after an actual score. It was thrilling. No really, it was. rolleyes.gif

• 3 weeks later...