• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
mikeadam

Muir Ski?

Was the recent snowfall enough to make it worth a trip to ski the Muir snowfield? I would like to head up there this morning, but don't feel like skiing ice.

Thanks,

mike

i haven't had a chance to investigate myself (i'm slaving away behind the computer in longmire...) the trees above have a dusting, but it was clear her last night. the muir snowfield is probably in "decent" shape, i highly doubt, however, that there is enough snow to cover the meadows below pebble creek.

if i find out more today, i'll post.

mike

Thanks Mike, office jobs are hell. If anyone wants to go up there today PM me ASAP.

[ 10-30-2002, 07:42 AM: Message edited by: mikeadam ]

DUDE, I wish...I've got a damn job interview at three or it'd be FRESHIEZ.. have a blast and be safe!

update

it was 17 degrees at paradise this morning and the winds are blowing stiff at 40 MPH. the mountain has a lite dusting of snow aove 6 K, but i would bet that much of the new fluff has been transported away. bring your windbreaker...

have fun

mike

Paul and I went up there yesterday (10/31). Not worth it unless you needed to get some October turns, which we did, so I guess it was worth it to us. Most of the little bit of new had blown off of the old snow, but we found a reasonable (short) strip of new to ski. I'll try to insert a photo here, but more action shots coming Monday (11/4) on my home page (http://www.turns-all-year.com/index.html)

Charles

-