Bad Pants Party...?

vwfanatic96

Anyone done it? .10b South Gully (by Apron)

starts down and right a little ways of Rock On.

at the last bolt (see poorly drawn topo attached) does it go straight up over slab bulge w/ almost no holds or does it cut straight out right?

i did this route on Sat. just going by memory of what i had glanced at in the new (McLane) guide. got to that last bolt and it seemed way hard and i wasn't sure if i should of gone straight up through those hard bulge moves or cut over off to the right. if anyone knows i'd appreciate the beta and/or a topo would be awsome. good route either way (a little dirty though)

thanks

585737-Wheretheriverbends.JPG.10f65e38ecfeefa73d7c2eddae2e2b10.JPG

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought WTRB was 3p 10b 10c 11b, though the route I am thinking is right of Rock On but not as far right as Bad Pants and I don't remember the name... but your topo looks like Bad Pants Party, with the dike climbing and left traverse. BPP is distinguished by the fixed ropes still strung up.

Sorry i had the route name mistaken, it is Bad Pants Party.

is is in Squamish in the South Apron Gully

the move in question is the last bolt before the tree ledge with the chain wrapped around the tree.

i have been told that it might be height dependant as well as sandbagged? but still not positive i took the correct path.