for all you pinko lefties

glassgowkiss

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what? It reminds me of a clip I saw of a little fucked up KKK kid being questioned in the same way about blacks and Jews, he even said the same things about shooting them, etc, they are cut from the same cloth, hatred.

The eastern world, it is exploding

Violence flarin’, bullets loadin’

You’re old enough to kill, but not for votin’

You don’t believe in war, but what’s that gun you’re totin’

And even the Jordan River has bodies floatin’

But you tell me

Over and over and over again, my friend

Ah, you don’t believe

We’re on the eve

of destruction.

Don’t you understand what I’m tryin’ to say

Can’t you feel the fears I’m feelin’ today?

If the button is pushed, there’s no runnin’ away

There’ll be no one to save, with the world in a grave

[Take a look around ya boy, it's bound to scare ya boy]

And you tell me

Ah, you don’t believe

We’re on the eve

of destruction.

Yeah, my blood’s so mad feels like coagulatin’

I’m sitting here just contemplatin’

I can’t twist the truth, it knows no regulation.

Handful of senators don’t pass legislation

And marches alone can’t bring integration

When human respect is disintegratin’

This whole crazy world is just too frustratin’

And you tell me

Ah, you don’t believe

We’re on the eve

of destruction.

Think of all the hate there is in Red China

Then take a look around to Selma, Alabama

You may leave here for 4 days in space

But when you return, it’s the same old place

The poundin’ of the drums, the pride and disgrace

You can bury your dead, but don’t leave a trace

HATE YOUR NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOUR, BUT DON'T FORGET TO SAY GRACE!!

And… tell me over and over and over and over again, my friend

You don’t believe

We’re on the eve

Of destruction

Mm, no no, you don’t believe

We’re on the eve

of destruction.

Yeah - there's evil in every human/culture/whatever, but an inability or unwillingness to distinguish between grades of evil and asses the threat that each poses is a dangerous shortcoming. Even if you want to argue that Klansmen and Islamic Murder/Suicide enthusiasts are equally evil, you'd have to be a fucking retard to believe that the Klan represents anything even remotely like the threat that the aforementioned Islamic Murder/Suicide corps represent to civilized people and the values that make their civilization possible.

They might not be doing any beheadings, but they and their friends in Washington are doing nothing but polarizing American society, fomenting a culture of fear, mistrust, and hatred, and spending us down the shitter. That worries me more than a few Islamic jihadists with pipe bombs.

Your historically myopic view of the "civilized world" is a dangerous shortcoming.

Glad you're back to recite more of the limpdick WWU undergrad-colloquia calliber discourses for me.

Speaking of civilization - what is it, exactly, that you'll be contributing to civilization when you graduate? Another monograph on the Latent Homo-Eroticism in Late Victorian Poetry?

They might not be doing any beheadings, but they and their friends in Washington are doing nothing but polarizing American society, fomenting a culture of fear, mistrust, and hatred, and spending us down the shitter. That worries me more than a few Islamic jihadists with pipe bombs.

So if you had a daughter engaged in a divorce proceeding brought about by a husband who claimed infidelity, and you had to decide whether the case would be tried in a Western court, or in a court which enforced Sharia law - you'd flip a coin? Ditto for deciding whether a suitcase nuke would end up in the hands of a Baptist congregation in Lubbock Texas, or in a Mosque in northeastern Pakistan? Riiiight.

Ooooh, right for the ad hominem attack with subtle overtones of homosexuality and homophobia. Feel the love from the Christian right. How's that Bob Roberts U correspondence course working out for ya?

Oooh. Ban me! Two snaps up!

twosnaps7op.gif

Edited by foraker

Developing a novel-high throughput screen for compounds that target a hitherto unexploited weakness in HIV replication with some other folks at an institution that probably bears substantially less resemblance to Bob Jones University than your own alma matter, actually.

Ooooh, right for the ad hominem attack with subtle overtones of homosexuality and homophobia. Feel the love from the Christian right. How's that Bob Roberts U correspondence course working out for ya?

Oooh. Ban me! Two snaps up!

twosnaps7op.gif

Neat. I'm also agnostic and think that anything that consenting adults choose to do to one another is nobody's business but that of the said consenting adults, but that's another story.

Whenever Prole chimes in I'm always reminded of what my Dad said after looking through the Dissertation topics in the UW graduation program in the Sciences, and the English Department. The guy was validictorian, went to Northwestern on a full-ride scholarship, and still has most of his books from all of the philospophy and history courses he took there, so I was kind of surprised to hear him say that you could take every last dissertation produced by the English department and drop it in a vat of battery acid, and the world wouldn't be any worse off afterwards. Reminded me of one of my favorite Hume quotes,

"If we take in our hand any volume; of divinity or school metaphysics, for instance; let us ask, 'Does it contain any abstract reasoning concerning quantity or number?' No. 'Does it contain any experimental reasoning concerning matter of fact and existence?' No. Commit it then to the flames: for it can contain nothing but sophistry and illusion."

So if you had a daughter engaged in a divorce proceeding brought about by a husband who claimed infidelity, and you had to decide whether the case would be tried in a Western court, or in a court which enforced Sharia law - you'd flip a coin? Ditto for deciding whether a suitcase nuke would end up in the hands of a Baptist congregation in Lubbock Texas, or in a Mosque in northeastern Pakistan? Riiiight.

or if your daughter was raped

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5128064.stm wazzup.gif

Developing a novel-high throughput screen for compounds that target a hitherto unexploited weakness in HIV replication with some other folks at an institution that probably bears substantially less resemblance to Bob Jones University than your own alma matter, actually.

I didn't realize old BobU had an exchange program with the Seven Sisters. Little hint, J, few people are as less impressed by PhD's as those who already have them. How many more times are you going to give us a detailed account of your research? I'm sorry. I'm not going to be your validation monkey. Oh, I'd reign in the disparaging comments about other people's fields. Unless you want to continue down the path to being a social pariah.

Just calling the bluff, kemosabe, and I can afford to tell it like it is without worrying about my social well-being.

You are quite generous to stand up for the defenseless, but the fact of the matter is that you could pretty much anhiliate all graduate programs in the humanities outside of history and economics and not deprive humanity of a whole hell of a lot.

Can anyone claim that the study or practice of literature or philosophy have made any concrete advances in the past 100 years, much less the pomo-derivations thereof?

This guy probably has all the answers

_826628_rabbani150.jpg

so are you prepared to do battle w/ every culture that rejects our values?