easy alpine or multipitch Thu/Fri

gavastik

Anybody up for something multipitch in an alpine or subalpine setting tomorrow (Thu, 06/29) and/or Friday?

Just looking at the guidebook: Improbable Traverse, Ingalls Peak South Ridge, Colchuck Peak? Something with a longer approach over 2 days?

Or skiing Glacier Peak or similar?

Or your favorite moderate route for a day or 2-day trip?

I'm new to PNW, a slow hiker (approach to Snow Creek Wall in about 1.5 hours a fast pace for me), can lead rock up to maybe 5.8, can deal with snow and ice, taken a ski mountaineering course, want to have fun rather than push myself. I'm in Redmond with a car but rather wouldn't drive into/out of Seattle during rush hour. Have rock rack and personal gear, but no ropes!

PM please!

Cheers

Paulina

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See my post about Dome Peak or Three Fingers. I am currently looking for a partner. However, I predict that Dome would be the most brutal climb you will ever go on. It is 27 miles long with 9400 vertical feet. I am also thinking about doing three Fingers, which is not very hard. I do have access to two ropes. Basic skills such as self arrest are required.

Edited by Jamin

I don't know yet if I can't plan to include the weekend. I'll go look up Three Fingers now. Dome Peak sounds awesome but maybe more than I can chew. If you're okay with possibility of turning around due to silly partner, I could be game (but see above).

Self-arrest is something I've practiced but never had to do for real (to stop an actual fall) -- is that okay with you?

I was thinking about just doing three fingers to the lookout. It depends whether I have Saturday off also. If I have Saturday off I will definitely try for Dome. I will try to figure out my schedule tonight. Good self-arrest skills would be essential on both climbs, but I think you would be ok.

Edited by Jamin