• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

Donate to Kurt's (AlpineK) Recovery

i can't make it that weekend, i'm sure you're all crushed smirk.gif

i will however take allison's suggestions and make the proper donation to Kurt's fund. since i won't be attending i expect archenemy and oly to drink my portion of the beer.

I'd like to know if I should be preparing for this shin dig.

Please PM me if you are certain you can make it on July 22nd.

Thanks

Thank you for your PMs.

I think having this get-together for Kurt on a weekend when more people can attend would make more sense.

To all the folks who said they could make it this weekend, you are still welcome to come by, get drunk, throw up, and pass out.

Heat death of the universe will occur substantially before any significant percentage of otherwise active people can agree on a date in summertime for anything.

If you want to do it, pick a date and do it. Don't look back.

If we time it right (and I don't know that there is a particular hurry, though I could be wrong) we could do this as a part of the CC.com Ropeup. Might as well have an uber event. Last year Ropeup was fun...in fact it spawned many mythological stories. We've got to top it somehow, and and already I can see some cool potentials for slideshows from some people who have done some cool climbs and or skiing this year. It would be good to see all of you too.

I'm definitely in for helping put on the Ropeup again this year.

Just something to consider....

Kurt has certainly been a big player in ropeup every year -- actively involved in planning and execution. If mid season turns out to be a difficult time to plan an organized event, perhaps we could look at plannint a Ropefest/Kurtfest a little earlier than usual - say in September rather than October. Reserving the goup campsites in Leavenworth may be more difficult, though.