• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
highclimb

[TR] Eldorado Peak- East Ridge 6/25/2006

Climb: Eldorado Peak-East Ridge

Date of Climb: 6/25/2006

Trip Report:

dewanderer and I climbed eldorado's east ridge on the 24th and 25th. there were a handful of parties up there and there is a boot track from about 5,600ft. (where the snow starts) to the summit. we brought crampons but never used them. and didnt rope up until the final exposed summit ridge we only did because we hauled the rope 6,000 ft. and would feel guilty if we didnt use it. things will change as the glacier and route melts out more.

anyway it was a great route but a grunt to get to!! go get it. the views are probably my favorite of the cascade pass area. dewanderer might post pictures when he gets them.

Aidan

Gear Notes:

ice axe. didnt use crampons. .didnt use picket. barely used rope.

Approach Notes:

snow starts at about 5,500-5,700 ft. boot pack all the way to summit.

Pictures...who knows when? Maybe tomorrow. Have to drive all the way down to Factoria to get my slides developed. the digital age was upon us years ago, but I continue to play the role of ludite. hahaha.gif Video on the way too. bigdrink.gif