Dreamer/Giants tears, darrington, sunday jun 25

nalo

It's gonna be sunny and I really want to do giants tears, or dreamer depending on how hard we want to pull. I was all set to go but something fell off of a pallete and stabbed my partner's foot. I've got rack and rope and car and skills and fun, safe attitude... all I need now is a partner.

-jesse

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That’d be fun, but I’ve got a partner lined up for some alpine rock. My best suggestion is to head for a cragging area where you can find a group to link up with – probably not Darrington, but maybe Index or Squamish? Hope you get some climbing in.

The heat on those slabs can be intense. Climbed Silent Running late Saturday afternoon. It was warm at the start, but by 4pm the sun hid itself and the climb was great.

Attempted to climb Dreamer on Sunday, but bailed after 4 pitches due to being on the wrong line. And by that time (11am) it was an oven up there. My finger tips and feet were burning.

the_finger.gif

On Exfoliation Dome, Jacob's Ladder and Rainman are shaded until noon. Dark Rhythm nearly so. On a hot sunny day, I'd just get up early and do one of those and plan on calling it swim time when the sun starts roasting.

Dreamer, facing SE, is probably the worst of the lot for getting sun fried.

Attempted to climb Dreamer on Sunday, but bailed after 4 pitches due to being on the wrong line. And by that time (11am) it was an oven up there. My finger tips and feet were burning.

the_finger.gif

Were you the 3 going in as we left Saturday night? Sorry you didn't get the climb in. We thought you might fry Sunday afternoon up there.

At least you didn't have to walk the extra mile+ of road that we did cry.gif

That is a pretty impressive piece of firewood in the road, isn't it?

You ain't kidding! I wish I had a crosscut saw big enough to clear the road. That wasn't there last time I went up there(2 yrs ago?) At least I know to bring a bike next time...

the_finger.gif

Were you the 3 going in as we left Saturday night? Sorry you didn't get the climb in. We thought you might fry Sunday afternoon up there.

At least you didn't have to walk the extra mile+ of road that we did cry.gif

Probably was us (2 not 3). We drove up the road to the Green Giant trailhead around 9pm Saturday after eating burgers at Skidders in D'town. Their burgers are highly recomended. With my low clearance VW wagon, skirting the humongous cedar tree blocking the road was not an option. We car camped at the tree blockage and walked the remaining 1.3 miles of the road in the morning.