Cassin Ridge TR

salbrecher

That is awesome!! That is route I am hoping I will do in my life time. thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

I have always liked plastic shovel in the past because of the weight difference, but now I am having second thoughts about that knowing that a metal shovel can be used as a pot.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations! After climbing the Cassin back in 1981, I told a British friend that it was a route I would even consider repeating - its that good! I've used a pot as a shovel numerous times over the years, but yours is the first example I've heard of substituting shovel for pot. You've actually got me reconsidering the merits of my lexan-bladed shovels... Thanks for sharing a first-rate adventure story!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

if the current conditions in Anchorage reflect anything that is going on up in the big range, it should be a good year. Many of the peaks above 4-5000 feet already have some pretty significant snow on them. With all of the precip we have had up here this summer the hills are saturated.

Not sure if it translates to the AK range, but who knows. People are already getting antsy about ice and snow...many feel it will be a great winter > meaning a probable good spring. Just a thought.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You Girls did well!

Fantastic TR!!

My next expedition I shell apply the same technics to improve tent ventilation and speed up cooking process!

Glad you made it back.

For anyone that liked this tread; you should check out mine

http://www.frozenimage.net/articles/shishapangma_windblown_english.pdf

Marek

ps, Oh, I forgot, I like the "summit or fly" idea

Edited by marek

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...