• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jawon

Suggestions on toddler-friendly bouldering/camping

Friends and I are going on an overnight car camping trip with our kids ranging in age from 16 months to 3 years. I'm hoping we can find a kid-friendly camping area that also has some very nearby bouldering. Doesn't have to be much, just wanna touch some rock without having to bail on the kids!

Any suggested areas within 3 hours of seattle?

hey, shoot me a pm sometime...i drag my kids all over the place!

Um, 11worth? Icicle canyon bouldering at Barney's rubble or Forestland (same parking). Tumwater Canyon: swiftwater picnic area. the previous three have almost zero approach, while the family can sit at picnic tables and watch you boulder at swiftwater. If you're up for a fifteen minute walk with the group, the Beach boulders on the far side of the Wenatchee river are a great hangout with a beautiful river beach nearby once the water level drops.

word. everything he said. camping at 8 mile cg in icicle canyon. with mini bolders for the kids on a sandy beach. tho they may still be too young.

dont go this weekend tho. cuz I am going and I dont want you to get the last site b4 I arrive.

word. everything he said. camping at 8 mile cg in icicle canyon. with mini bolders for the kids on a sandy beach. tho they may still be too young.

dont go this weekend tho. cuz I am going and I dont want you to get the last site b4 I arrive.

yer mommy's lettin' you out for the weekend? I thought you was grounded!

I just cant ride my bike or watch cartoons.

but SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMER!!!!

so thats cool.

The Icicle & Wenatchee rivers are still way high, not much yet in ways of sandy beaches! Head to Icicle, there is many family friendly areas to camp and it's warm there.

Thanks. Any suggestions other than leavenworth? Been there, done that. Would prefer to avoid the summer crowds.