North /Middle Sister Route Condish

johnny_utah

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Was up at middle sister a few weeks ago. Good snow coverage to 6500 ft. The north side from the col looked like a walk up. North also had alot of snow but I wasn't up there so I don;t know the conditions. A couple of warms days next week should melt everything together though.

What area did you come in from? A trailhead off Cascade Lakes? I was planning on taking the obsidian, but just found out 242 isn't open. I was wondering if maybe the road is open from Sisters up to the PCT. Let me know because conditions sound good. I just dont know how hard it will be to get to a trailhead from the north. Thank you. fruit.gif

Was up on M Sister N ridge today via Pole Creek. Got out before the thunderstorms unloaded. On snow most of the way except for a few scree sections above the col. Nice crust in the early a.m., slush by noon.

143jdxu.jpg

One snow section above the col was steeper than the rest. These guys felt the need to belay up it:

143j5oz.jpg

Monkey enjoyed the summit view:

143j97t.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a direct route from the Pole Creek trailhead. There are plenty of flat areas and water around this area.

This isn't an exact point I've camped, but an approximation of the general area with pretty direct approach from the trail shown.

584035-MiddleSisterHaydenGl.JPG

Basically head for M. Sister from the trail one drainage before Soap Creek and follow the climbers trail up to timberline.

584035-MiddleSisterHaydenGl.JPG.7fcfc4c5c3d95699c64b0b44dbe3fa3b.JPG