• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Big_Lebowski

Do you have to be in GOOD shape to climb?

Are you another eccentric artist, Man?

I started training a bit by climbing in and out of bed a few times this morning, followed by a series of white russian curls. thumbs_up.gif

That's a name no one would self-apply where I come from. Maybe you should curl some of that good sarsaparilla.

Maybe where you came from is something to be left behind, Man.

Cuz you be harshin' on the newbies like regular. cry.gif

But, then you are the Patriarch of CC, so I guess it's OK. I should be honored and shit, Man. wazzup.gif

the british beefcake has a stomach more resembling a keg than a SIX PACK- and cranks well on hard stuff-just go have fun then go consume a six pack..

Also, "this season" did not start just recently. It started back in February or so, indoors, then outdoors weather permitting. Yes, you have to work up to a season or you will waste a lot of good weather.

no, but climbing is likely to improve whatever shape you're in. I've belayed more than my share of three-hundred-pound "dunlops" (as in dunlopped over my belt...), and they seemed to enjoy themselves. if you subscribe to the the legendary Alex Lowe's maxim that "the best climber is the one having the most fun", then I'd have to say that I've encountered a plethora of truly great pillsbury doughboy climbers over the years. For inspiration, research the names Mark Powell, and Don Whillans...

Also, "this season" did not start just recently. It started back in February or so, indoors, then outdoors weather permitting. Yes, you have to work up to a season or you will waste a lot of good weather.

Sounds like you're all likening climbing to football here smile.gif

"the season" and bigdrink.gif

hahaha.gif