55 in a 50!!!!!!

olyclimber

If you DO decide to contest it, find out about exactly how to do so or you may be wasting your time and that of the court. I don't practice in that area but, from what I understand, contesting the calibration on the radar guns is not the way to go any more.

But there has to be at least a few mph error factor due to user technique, like the angle of the radar gun, etc. Bet there's some info on it on the internet. Plus, since hwy 2 is a two lane highway you can argue that you had legally exceeded the speed limit inorder to pass someone who was driving under the speed limit and you were in the process of slowing back down when you were radared.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- This is Your work. You better take care of me, Lord. If You don't, You're gonna have me on Your hands.

[ Siren Wailing ]

- Pull over ! Pull over ! Hey !

Good morning. How are you ? All right, man. Doing very well.

Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side. - This is wrong.- It arouses contempt in the cop heart. Make the bastard chase you. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker signal that says you're about to turn right. This is to let him know you're pulling off for a proper place to talk. It'll take him a moment to realize he's about to make a 90-degree turn, at speed. But you will be ready. Brace for the "G"s.

Fast heel-toe work.

[ Siren Continues ]

[ Siren Stops ]

Hi. How are you ?

Just what in the hell did you think you were doing ? I wanna know. Let me see your license.

Oh, yeah, of course. There you are.

Oh, my gosh.

It's me.

May I please have that ?

I knew I was fucked.

See you have two cases of beer, a basket of grapefruit... stack of T-shirts and towels, light bulbs.

- You realize what you did when you drive like that ?

- Yeah, I know. I'm guilty.

I understand that. I knew it was a crime. I did it anyway.

Shit, why argue ? I'm a fucking criminal. Look at me.

You have a strange attitude.

Maybe.

You know, I have a feeling you need to take a nap. There's a rest area just up ahead. I'd like you to go up there, pull over and get a few hours' sleep.

That's not gonna help me. I've been awake for too long. Three or four nights, maybe. Can't even remember. I go to sleep now, I'm dead for hours.

What are you carrying two cases of soap for, son ?

I wanna stay clean.

No. Here's how it is. What I put in my book, as of noon... is that I apprehended you for driving too fast. I advised you to proceed to the next rest area.

- ~ [ Humming ]

Stop !

I advised you to proceed to the next rest area--your stated destination, right ? And take a long nap. Do I make myself clear ?

Well...

how far is Baker ? I was sort of hoping to, I don't know, stop there for lunch.

It's not my jurisdiction. City limits end 5 miles beyond the rest area. Can you make it that far ?

I'll try.

I've been wanting to go to Baker for a long time. Yeah. Heard a lot about it.

Excellent seafood.

You know, I'm thinkin', a guy with your kind of mind...ought to try the land-crab.

- Excellent seafood.

- Land-crab.

All right. Why not ? Thanks for the tip.

Look at me in the eyes.

Everything all right ?

May I have a little kiss before you go ? I'm very lonely here.

~ Oh, Mama ~

~ Can this really

be the end ~

I felt raped. The pig had done me on all fronts. And now he was going off to chuckle about it on the west side of town... waiting for me to make a run for L.A.

Why, yes, Officer. Of course I'll take advantage of that rest area. And I can't tell you how grateful I am for this break you wanna give me.

J. Frank Parnell (driving the Malibu and singing softly): Forty-niner and his daughter Clementine. Oh my darlin, oh my darlin...

Motorcycle cop pulls the car over, gets off motorcycle and raps on car window.

J. Frank Parnell: Clementine Clemen-

County Sheriff: Let me see your drivers license.

Radio: Post ten-eighteen. Post ten-eighteen.

County Sheriff: From out of town, hmm? What's you got in the trunk?

J. Frank Parnell: oah...you don't want to look in there.

County Sheriff: Give me the keys.

The motorcycle cop walks around to the back of the car and opens the trunk. The car has New Mexico license plates KBB-283. In every scene after this when the plates are visible, they will be 127-GBH.

County Sheriff: AHHHHHH!

If I'm going to get busted for speeding, they should at least let me open up the throttle.

No, I tried that one on Murder Island a couple of weeks ago, thinking I was already on the onramp to the freeway outta there. Night time, poor signage, not my neck of the woods...anyway, no, Olympia Climber, you do not want to be gunning it when they get you, because it's not one of these little sissypants five-over 'tickettes'. hellno3d.gif

So then life seemed to be going too well, so last night I decided to break my wrist at work, in like five places. That ought to make life interesting.... tongue.gif

A few weeks ago I got 12 over in a 25... reduced on the spot to 10 over, saved me a few bucks.

The sad thing is I pulled over on the outside of town, because I wanted to take a rest/walk around/get some fresh air/whatever. I didn't know that the cop was behind me, and I didn't realize I was speeding. Thought it was a 35... I have a feeling if I'd kept going, and got back to the highway where it was 55 and I was pretty much pegging the limit, that he wouldn't have bothered to pull me over.

J. Frank Parnell (driving the Malibu and singing softly): Forty-niner and his daughter Clementine. Oh my darlin, oh my darlin...

Motorcycle cop pulls the car over, gets off motorcycle and raps on car window.

J. Frank Parnell: Clementine Clemen-

County Sheriff: Let me see your drivers license.

Radio: Post ten-eighteen. Post ten-eighteen.

County Sheriff: From out of town, hmm? What's you got in the trunk?

J. Frank Parnell: oah...you don't want to look in there.

County Sheriff: Give me the keys.

The motorcycle cop walks around to the back of the car and opens the trunk. The car has New Mexico license plates KBB-283. In every scene after this when the plates are visible, they will be 127-GBH.

County Sheriff: AHHHHHH!

repo man?

Make a statement, supoena the cop, take it to court

I take all BS tickets to court, than they woun't be handing them out like candy, not that I have had that many, but in the last 20 years I walked away on one because the cop did not show , with pic's of no speed limit signs the cop looked like an ass on another ,the third i got defered on a stop light in the snow when you could not see the stop bar, they where all BS tickets.

5 over WTF hellno3d.gif think your a real menace to public safety fight it!!!!!!

Yes, I'm thinking I will fight it. Hopefully I can combine 1/2 day in court with a 1/2 day at Index.

So far, my possible defences include:

-a moving speed zone

-stupidity

-child hit NOS button with teddy bear

-was just passing slower car

-WTF??? 5 MILES AN HOUR OVER? WHAT KIND OF A SHIT TOWN IS THIS???!!!

-it was close enough to the speed

-my speedometer is off

-????

I tangled with a guy who needed to get a speeding ticket. I pulled out of my parking lot at work today and looked both ways and turned left. After a couple of driveways, this green Jetta careens around me on the right and cuts in front of me, stopping at the light where we both waited to make a left. He sat there like a freaking maniac, screeching obscenities out the window like Ozzy Osbourne. I guess he felt I had pulled out in front of him, but the way I figure it, he must have been going 70 or 80 in a 30 mph zone. After the light turned he was all over the place. Couldn't stay in any one lane. It was bizarre.

I tangled with a guy who needed to get a speeding ticket. I pulled out of my parking lot at work today and looked both ways and turned left. After a couple of driveways, this green Jetta careens around me on the right and cuts in front of me, stopping at the light where we both waited to make a left. He sat there like a freaking maniac, screeching obscenities out the window like Ozzy Osbourne. I guess he felt I had pulled out in front of him, but the way I figure it, he must have been going 70 or 80 in a 30 mph zone. After the light turned he was all over the place. Couldn't stay in any one lane. It was bizarre.

Dude, thats a medical condition.

Not Guilty.

Sorry 'bout that, Oly. That really sucks.

The funny thing is, I saw a cop, here in Portland go down my street (25 mph speed zone) with sirens blazing, at at least 70 mph. Right past a father, pulling two children in a bike trailer, in the bike lane. Nice.

Yes, I'm thinking I will fight it. Hopefully I can combine 1/2 day in court with a 1/2 day at Index.

So far, my possible defences include:

-a moving speed zone

-stupidity

-child hit NOS button with teddy bear

-was just passing slower car

-WTF??? 5 MILES AN HOUR OVER? WHAT KIND OF A SHIT TOWN IS THIS???!!!

-it was close enough to the speed

-my speedometer is off

-????

Try: Didn't have cruise control on. It's tough to maintain 50 without looking at the speedometer every 10 seconds, while watching the road for hazards.

Don't know if it'll work, but I don't have cruise control and I often look down and see that I'm going 5 over or under on long drives. Good luck.

Oly: are you polling for potential excuses to get the ticket reduced or thrown out?

Yes.

Tell the judge you just had a triple soy hazelnut whip caramel infused latte, and all the soy protein made your mangina hurt.

Or that you had eaten Mexican the night before and you were driving fast looking for a place to pull over and go on burrito alert.