Did anybody get Liberty Ridge?

Mike

I'm hoping to do Liberty Ridge next weekend and looking for current conditions. Sounds like the road is open to the fork to the White River Campground. Has anybody been in there this season? I was up in the Chiwaukums and the snow conditions sucked, so I'm hoping for better conditions.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The weather looks okay, but we'll have to see how it develops. I'm just wondering if we'll need snowshoes for the approach. I spent the weekend trudging through calf-deep slop in the Chiwaukums and kept wishing for my ski gear. The approach from White River looks long enough for snow conditions to play a major roll in our success, aside from any avalanche considerations. Hopefully somebody got in there this weekend - even on the Emmons - and can give me the scoop.

Mike,

My partner and I kicked in a trail from White River CG on Friday. We didn't access the ridge because of the unstable weather but did make it to about 8200ft on the Carbon Glacier. The snow was soft but there were lots of people on the trail by the time we exited the area on Sunday. Barring any new accumulations of snow there should be a decent trail all the way to Liberty Ridge. We did see one team climb to Thumb Rock on Sat, well I couldn't actually see them with all the snow and fog, but I did hear their triumphant cheers at about 7PM.

Good Luck!