hurascaran 22,205ft,peru

marek

just for the record!!

greg moo- usa,maximo henostroza-peru,marek wencel

usa/poland climbed hurascaran sur 22,205ft.this was the first accent of 2002.the weather was exelent.snow conditions very good up to c-1.

from c-1 to c-2 mixed snow/ice 45-50% up the shutte and then traverse to the garganta.lots of

crust and sugar snow under.summit day 17 hrs due to more technical terain and no route being established.we encoutered ice up to 65% and deep

snow on flatter terain.after initial stay in huaraz (10.00ft)and some hikes around,it took us

8 days up and 2 days down.please do not take this climb as a walk-up,as john biggar,s book(the andes) suggest,s.over the past few years glacier

conditions are worse and worse.serious climb but fun.anyone interested in more details,please leave

me a note.lucky again marek

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well,the last i checked on the web site.there was no box for expeditions.so mt rainier being high

up,would fit the profile for climbers being interested in high mountains.i just used common sense and shared the information.i stop there!

you guys! south america is cheap!!almost anyone can put a trip for a grand inc ticket.

it,s up to any of us to make a decision and go for it aconcagua,ilimani or hurascaran it,s just

the same.people are friendly,safety far better than in asia."MAKE IT HAPPEN" as scott fisher

used to say.