Store near SeaTac

HernyG

Thanks guys - that is exactly what I needed to know.

Three New Englanders, without Boston accents, will be in Seattle Tuesday, June 4th, after our Rainer attempt. I'll be watching for where pub club pops up and can perhaps buy you guys a beer.

(Now there is an idea - cc.com regulars provide information for a fee - drinks at pub club from all of the summer out-of-towners.)

[big Drink]

[ 05-15-2002, 08:01 AM: Message edited by: HernyG ]

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guys recommend a place to get stove fuel, canister or white gas, near the SeaTac airport? As we intend to enter Mt. Rainer National Park via the Highway 410 northeast entrance we will not be passing the guidebook recommended Summit Haus in Ashford.

Is there also a recommended place to stay just outside of the park? The White River campground will not yet be open in two weeks.

Thanks.

i dont advocate the rei or anything but, it is the easiet place to get what you need.

i-5 south to the 320th st exit in federal way.... right past road construction

go right off of the freeway and take another immediate right at the first light(gateway center) there is a marie callenders right there....you will see the rei sign

hope that helps.

also in tacoma there is backpackers supply off of s tacoma way, pretty easy to find, but rei and is eaiser!!!

have fun and be safe

The birthday cake thing is kind of cool.

A quick trip through REI will be enjoyable and provides a backup for a forgotten piece of gear. So I think we will head there, though I hope not to make any major purchase. As far as bottles, I think our group will try to clean the ones we have well enough to pass the get-them-on-the-plane test.

Thanks anyway Erik.

if you clean your bottle and fill it with water and take it in your carry on and drink out of it (if they try to take it away), they won't take it....

I don't do that, but I have a friend who does after he got his empty clean bottles removed from his packed and checked suitcase.