• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Mike_Gauthier

Paradise Road Openings

the word on the street (or maybe i should say "the word in the woods") is that the road to paradise will open 24/7 this monday. weather depending.?!

bring on summer! there's still snow on the ground in longmire (2700 feet), it even dusted here last night...

Finaly Paradise un-chained!

Are either the White R Rd or the Stevens Canyon Rd *plowed* yet? How long after plowing do the gates open?

cayuse pass should also open this monday. chinook pass and the white river road usually open on the friday before memorial day weekend. stevens canyon will probably open that weekend too, but no word yet...

i agree, "mount rainier unchained". i like that! ; )

Update.

the 24/7 road opening to paradise has been postponed due to the recent snowfall... i'll drop a note when i learn more.

currently, it's snowing hard here at longmire.

no word on when the road will open 24/7. it was closed again last evening... i'd like to guess on when it might, but, even i can't predict the logic of NPS road openings...

no chains are required at this time, and unless there is a HUGE snowstorm, the road should open every morning around 8 am...

when it does open 24/7, i'll post more information right away.

mike

the road to paradise is open 24/7 again.

fyi, the nps web site says that the white river road will open on may 17th. this may change to may 24th. heads up.