Snoqualmie Peak Conditions

peakbagger

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't hiked it recently, but I drive by it every 2 days on my way back and forth to the icicle.

There is still quite a bit of snow on the south side of the peak, but melting out a little more every day. It would be a very easy morning hike and probably better with the low snow cover providing good step kicking.

Mike

North Bend

I have climbed Snoqualmie peak a couple times. The only steep part is in the trees below the ridge. The ridge should be just fine snow or not. Just stay away from the eastern side of the ridge. Kinda steep. One time I climbed Guye and Snoqualmie on the same day and it was wonderful. If you park in the first big parking lot before Alpental ski resort you will go through the trees between the two peaks. Just pick the one you want to do first.

We just climbed it yesterday (5/25). Fantastic views from the top. Went all the way up with just ski poles without any problem. As Raustin mentioned, there is a fairly steep part just as you start up the ridge, but it is in/near trees. I would recommend an early start -- by late afternoon we were regularly punching through the snow near rocks/bushes.