Guidebook ideas

layton

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One frustration I have with the various non-Beckey guides is how varied the content is. Typically they include hike-ups and 5.11 routes and glacier travel, all mixed together. The sort of person who's looking for a route like Mt. Ruth is probably not going to want to page through route descriptions of Eve Dearborn Memorial Route, and vice versa.

So, What seems like it would be quite useful, at least to someone like me, would be a set of guides arranged by type of climb, rather than 'my favorite' or 'classics.' For instance, a guidebook that includes interesting rock routes -- W. Ridge Forbidden / NE RidgeTriumph / Mt Goode NE Buttress, etc.

Then, a guidebook of interesting glacier/ice routes: Adams Glacier / N Ridge Baker / Liberty Ridge.

Call it the "Northwest Classic" series -- Northwest Classic Rock Routes / Northwest Classic Glacier Routes / Northwest Classic Scrambles / Northwest Classic Choss Slogs...

my $.02