I need a topo for infinite bliss

eliza

I haven't been around cc.com much lately, but a really fun alpine sport climb is the Prime Rib of Goat on Goat Wall in Mazama. I'm prepared to be flamed and called an idiot and all the rest for suggesting it, but it is something our guests from Colorado might consider. Eliza, if you e-mail me (I don't read my PM's here) I could send you a copy of the topo. 11 pitches, 5.8'ish, gear list is 14 draws, easy day, wonderful setting.

freemanDOTkellerATverizonDOTnet

I'll also second the suggestion of CA

The scenery is pretty nice , from what it looks like:

primerib8.jpg

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Methow! that place sucks. Its ugly and prone to horrible natural disasters like flooding, forest fires, and tornadoes. Not to mention, viscious bears and killer dinosaurs. Don't got there. Especially if you're from california or boulder.

No kidding, look what happened to the last mountaineer outing:

th_taleoftwocities_2.jpg

The Methow! that place sucks. Its ugly and prone to horrible natural disasters like flooding, forest fires, and tornadoes. Not to mention, viscious bears and killer dinosaurs. Don't got there. Especially if you're from california or boulder.

Please, do, however, watch for snakes.

No kidding, look what happened to the last mountaineer outing:

th_taleoftwocities_2.jpg

Hah! Those aren't Mountaineers -- not a single one is wearing gaiters! They're probably Mazamas.

Wow, theres a lot of info here about this route! Its all quite interesting actually, many thanks. I am coming out to Washington for my brothers wedding, sadly it is not a full climbing road trip. My friend who has never been to Washington is really excited to try this route because it is so long and she has never been on anything this lonng before and also because it is so moderate with the option to rap off whenever. I thought it sounded fun as well, I just had a baby so Im not in tip top form right now and want low stress. last summer I climbed half dome (6 weeks pregnant!) and that was high stess for sure. It does sound like a lot of raps, broiling hot and hard to route find in spots. I think we will still do it but we will have more than one day to climb as well so I will look into the other areas you guys have mentioned!