Things clowns do for fun

billcoe

Speed trap solution

http://www.speedtrap.org/

Brainstorming the other day, my son and I came up with a solution for speed traps.

Step #1) Borrow someones car: somebody you don't like or who you want to play a joke on preverably.

2) Everybody in the car, and this is a car load full of people, has clown masks and/or makeup.

3) Find remote photo radar unit, drive by once sans-makeup, to confirm it's unmanned and on autopilot.

4) Drive around the block, put on the clown attire and get dressed up for the speed run. Speed through the trap.

5) Repeat 30-40 times and call it a day.

Variations of this can be limited only by your imagination. An erasable white board so you can communicate different messages to the camera might be interesting too.

It also might be adviseable to have walkie talkies for communications with some ground spotters in case the real police happen to be driving by and see a car load full of clowns (Hey, what at you Clowns up to?").

@ 2 weeks later, your victim gets a mailbox full of speeding tickets with pictures of a car full of clowns in various poses and different messages.

So, lets hear your ideas for speed traps or things the clowns can do. Please move this to the pirates or clowns forum if needed.

Edited to change title from Speedtrap solutions to "things clowns do for fun", thanks fheimerd!

Edited by billcoe

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn;t have anything to do with clowns or speed traps but it might be a fun joke to play on a friend. I called some guy that I thought was selling a really nice patio set for 30 bucks. The craigslist add said something like first call gets the deal. Anyway I called the guy and he says he's going to kill his friend because apparently they posted this ad up there for him and he had been recieving calls all night for this patio set. This might go under "things clowns do for fun."

a team of Bellevue PD gestapo booted motorcycle fatasses runs a regular trap near my house sitting on top of a tunnel exit literally shooting fish in a barrel as cars exit the tunnel in excess of 35. (the tunnel is a downhill sweeping turn, so its easy to hit 50).

They nabbed my wife, judge reduced the fine knowing of the trap.

However, that was not enough to satisfy me, I took a nice big steelhead out of the freezer and buried it under dry leaves right where the cops sit on their bike to laser people. within a day it stunk to hell and they were not seen there for several weeks after.

Probably time to offer up another fish.

dont mess with me. I am devious and vindictive.

3) Find remote photo radar unit, drive by once sans-makeup, to confirm it's unmanned and on autopilot.

Give that a try and let us know how that works out. In Oregon, those photo radar vans are manned with a uniformed officer.

There are unmanned photo traffic surveillance stations but those are for catching people running red lights. If you decide to give that a go I recommend using a vehicle with side-impact airbags.

Good luck!

We had photo radar banned in B.C. A political ploy to garner votes. Did I say garner? Hmm,, how mature of me.

Anyway they had cameras at intersections etc. I got a photo radar ticket and never did pay it. After you get one and don't send in your bodeens like a good citizen they have to serve you with a summons and as nobody would pay the fine they couldn't keep up with the summons serviers so it turned into a paperwork nightmare.

Speeding is all relative.

In NZ after people pass cops on the road, they flash their lights at all oncoming cars for like the next mile to warn them of a speed trap. we should do this in the PNW.

Someone saved me from a huge speed trap in the Gorge like this (5 cop cars, 3 motorcycles).

On Independence Day 2003, about 15 mc cops were hanging out on Spokane St viaduct. I have never seen so many people get pulled over.

Same day, on the way home on northbound 99, I saw a guy hanging up a sign near Canlis. It said 'Massive speed trap ahead'. Sure enough about 20+ mc cops were waiting for people, radaring them from the pedestrian overpass. Unbelievably, people kept speeding despite the helpful sign.

Same day, on the way home on northbound 99, I saw a guy hanging up a sign near Canlis. It said 'Massive speed trap ahead'. Sure enough about 20+ mc cops were waiting for people, radaring them from the pedestrian overpass. Unbelievably, people kept speeding despite the helpful sign.

Last fall between 7:30 AM and 9:00 AM in PDX, the city police set up orange cones along with large orange signs saying "Traffic Enforcement Ahead".

They gave out 29 citations and 33 warning to bicyclists and 15 citations and 4 warnings to cars, and made one DUII arrest.

It wasn't a speed trap, rather a 4 way stop signed intersection. However, again despite fair warning, plenty of people just plowed through the stop signs.

-r

Is there an organization like the Mountaineers that teaches Basic Clowning and Intermediate Clowning?

Well they already got the clothing and facepaint (sunblock) dialed, they just need some Billy-Bob teeth, wig and clown shoes (whoops! got those too! yellaf.gif) to complete the ensemble.