Driver caught speeding 146mph in Oregon

Pencil_Pusher

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"A Multi-Displacement System that at cruising speed shuts the system down to 4 of the eight cylinders for increased fuel economy. Estimated EPA fuel economy is 17-mpg City and 25-mpg Highway. "

pretty snazzy!

I highly recommend that you watch the movie, one of my all time drive-in faves. thumbs_up.gif

Vanishing Point.

Seen it. Unimpressed. Pointless stupididy.

Think an uninteresting version of Thelma and Louise except that the ending involved some nit ramming his car full-tilt into a D9 Cat blade at near supersonic speed to evade police capture instead of trying to jump something which resembles the Grand Canyon.

end of movie. Good-by, good riddance. If Gena Davis or some hot equivalent had been in it she could have saved the movie, but alas.

Probably you just weren't in the proper "drive-in theatre" mode. bigdrink.gif+ mushsmile.gif In contrast, I thought Thelma & Louise was a bit of a snooze. Bear in mind, I haven't seen Vanishing Point in almost 30 years yellaf.gif

How about Master of the Flying Guillotine? Surely you couldn't be so dismissive of that fine celluloid entertainment?

the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon, the funk phenomenon,

hell yeah.

"A Multi-Displacement System that at cruising speed shuts the system down to 4 of the eight cylinders for increased fuel economy. Estimated EPA fuel economy is 17-mpg City and 25-mpg Highway. "

pretty snazzy!

...for a low-tech amurican POS engine. Japanese and Euro manufactuers have been getting way better numbers for years by simply designing engines not based on 1960s technology. rolleyes.gif

My subbie's 2.5l 4cyl turbo makes 370hp and gets over 27mpg on the highway. Not to mention it gets to 60 nearly 2 seconds faster than this straigh-line amurican POS. wazzup.gifhahaha.gif

My subbie's 2.5l 4cyl turbo makes 370hp and gets over 27mpg on the highway. Not to mention it gets to 60 nearly 2 seconds faster than this straigh-line amurican POS. wazzup.gifhahaha.gif

Sounds like open season for all deer on cascade river road if you ask me... huh Ivan? hahaha.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifwink.gifwazzup.gif

[quote

Sounds like open season for all deer on cascade river road if you ask me... huh Ivan? hahaha.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifwink.gifwazzup.gif

well, as far as i've witnessed, josh's only batting .500 against these majestic mammals - he does certainly have a taste for fine moose-killing motorcars though...

pretty snazzy!

...for a low-tech amurican POS engine. Japanese and Euro manufactuers have been getting way better numbers for years by simply designing engines not based on 1960s technology. rolleyes.gif

Is that the new engine for the WRX? I had a friend with one of those, and remember him saying that it had something like 240hp, which is still a hell of a lot for a 4 cylinder engine, even with Le Turbo - and the thing was superfast. I can't even imagine a small car with 370hp.

I just hope that you are making sure that you only accelerate from 0-60 at a rate equal to a Prius so that you can keep that anti-SUV rage going with a clean conscience.