Everett Mountaineer killed on Lewis Peak

Shastaman

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was tragic news; I heard yesterday.

Larry is just one of those people you wouldn't expect this to happen to. He was enormously generous with his time in volunteering is so many aspects of the Mountaineers. Always had a huge smile.

I just saw him, less than two weeks ago, and he was thrilled at finally being retired, and having friends to go on mid-week scrambles with. frown.gif

And his wife Sandra is a dear person. They found each other late in life, and had so much to look forward to, together.

I wish I could send him a message that he is loved and will be missed.

As an anecdote, Larry has been an inspiration to me the last few years. I'm turning 40 very shortly, and he climbed Denali in his mid-50s. I would look at him and figure, heck, I've at least got another decade of high living left.

cry.gif

Yes, very sad. Larry gave tirelessly to the club and inspired others to do so. He was a monster on the mountain and could move fast. My condolences to Sandra and support to his two climbing partners and the entire Everett family who are hurting in the wake of this incident. The light of one of our candles just went out frown.gif