You thought PNW climbers were odd

ketch

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is direct challenge to the PNW by the Scots. I expect one of you to out do this prank, and in good style of course. Take note: there was no hi-def film made of this event.

A few years back, someone carried a fire hydrant to the top of Mailbox Peak, I think to honor 9/11 firefighters or something like that. Not quite a piano, but still pretty darn heavy. pitty.gif

This piano makes me think about the way the long-term Arctic explorers used to travel. Think about Franklin with his printing press and band of musical instruments and full set of formal china. Even when they left the ship to cross northern Canada pulling lifeboats as sledges, they brought weird stuff like a silver tea service.

Okay, they were probably mad from lead poisoning. But almost every one of the English explorers of the period (even the overland explorers) brought similarly dumb stuff, and they weren't =all= mad.

Except for the whole exploring thing.