Rockfest this weekend!

ZONK

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy the Icicle on the weekdays, dont get me wrong. There is no place I would rather be, on the weekends one has to work hard to avoid the masses that stumble around thinking there hard core top ropers or did that Hard problem thing. I watched alot of people up there last year for this event who dont know how to pick up there own trash and think thay own the place. Just dont care to see the place treated that way !

have some respect and clean up your mess and dont forget to leave booty on the routes !

OMG...somebody tell Timmy O'Neill to slap those kids around! Last year I hung with Tommy and Beth. It was so chill.

But I was sick, and could only stay to give a quick slide show. I wonder if the heat is going to last into the weekend...wasn't it like 250 degrees there today?

there was this guy was there who was apparently found some mushrooms in the forest or something....he was heckling them ..something about their trip where they were kidnapped in Afghanistan. They are tiny people. I don't know how they do it, their feet seemed porportional.

I don't know where you are climbing, Zonk, but the last several times I climbed in the Icicle we had the crags either all to ourselves or nearly so. I didn't go to Bruce's Boulder or Condomorphamine or Givler's Crack, though. Even Castle Rock, the last several times I've been there, had been relatively casual. I have been to the Pearly Gates when it was busy, and I've seen line-ups on Outer Space, but if you are looking to get away from other climbers you should be able to do that even on a busy weekend.

Well You know I was up there last year for the fest climbing at Duty I think and that was nice, butts when we made it back to the road It was a zoo. My bitch is the over stomping of the canyon and some of the attitudes You run in to out there. The old I'm someone and Your not thing. Went up there the next day and picked up three bags of trash. Weekends I get way off the road now or go to those places no one knows about yet. Weekdays You can climb on what you want Looked at Castle on Saturday and counted 8 people on two or three routes, Outer Space is a great weekday Climb have not been there this year yet, My last trip up that was a weekday left the office at 9am was back to work at 3pm.

I think the key is to climb the Good routes and stay of the easy or over used ones. Over all the Icicle Rocks ! and Timmy was nice to talk with.

Great weekend ya'll - thanks for coming out!

Saturday's weather turned out pretty good for the clinics; props to all the folks who helped teach them. It was also a great chance to play with the new cams in real cracks, rather than just fiddling with them in a store.

Timmy's slideshow on Saturday night drew around 200 folks to the Bridge Creek group site and was as funny as you'd expect it to be.

Also, a ton of money was raised for the Washington Climber's Coalition, so In short...A GOOD TIME WAS HAD BY ALL!

More pics at the FF website.

P1010018.jpg

Northwest Mountain School - Rescue and Hauling Systems

P1010010.jpg

Cams - Cams - Cams

P1010027.jpg

Roger Strong - Climbing Technique

P1010038.jpg

Dave Haavik (Petzl) and Eddie Whittamore (BD) - Gear anchors and multipitch climbing

P1010060.jpg

Marshall Balick (Arcteryx) - Raffle

P1010055.jpg

Mmmm....burgers - Thanks Mountain Gear!

P1010062.jpg

Timmy O'Neill

P1010067.jpg