• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   12/08/21

Thanks for visiting Cascadeclimbers.com.   Yep, we are still going!    Just put a new coat of paint on the site. Still the same old community of climbers, skiers, and people who love to get outdoors. Hope you had a great 2021, and wish you the best for 2022 and beyond.  Thanks again for stopping by.
Sign in to follow this  
mountainmatt

[TR] Darrington- Exfoliation dome - Blueberry - Attempt 5/14/2006

Because it was almost 90 degrees and Matt sweats *a lot*. Seriously - he's normally dripping wet after a climb. I think he'd pass out from heat exhaustion if he'd been in pants.

A word to the wise though - if any of you do this approach and think there might be a change of bushwhacking (I think you should be prepared either way) I'd recommend wearing shorts and gators. That way you could still be in shorts for the climb, but you wouldn't get as scraped up as we did. If you do decide to wear pants, don't wear your favorite ones - they'll probably get torn.

The real question is why you would wear shorts. Only goat ropers and pole smokers wear shorts at Darrington except Hanman, who is not a pole smoker but rummor has it has roped a few goats.

Trick question! Because only pole smokers and goat ropers climb at Darrington. Ha!

Which one are you, Harry?

572954-harry.JPG

Dirty Harry as A: Goat Roper or B: Pole Smoker.

572954-harry.JPG.9ea2a90df70d52ce2382f79e3c3367b2.JPG

Only Goat Ropers and Pole Smokers climb at Darrington.

But only Sheep fuckers and Salad Tossers climb at Squire Creek.

This TR is turning into the spray section pretty fast. tongue.gif

In the end, we did find the right ramp, the question is whether or not the route has changed or not. If any of you head up there in the next couple weeks, please send out a TR so solve the mystery... confused.gif

A word to the wise though - if any of you do this approach...I'd recommend wearing shorts and gators.

Reptiles are cool.

Went up to Jacob's Ladder on Friday. Weeded through the directions discussed here and was able to make to the base in about 1hr 20min. Bailed on the crux pitch due to rain and general lameness, but overall had a great time. What a great area!

We used the tree method. Overall I would say we did very little bushwacking. Three of the four of us make a living working in the "brush" so our opinions may be a bit skewed.

these are not the 1000 foot granite routes you are looking for, move along