MacIntosh

EWolfe

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know much about this stuff, but if it's true, why would you use a PC then?

Because you can't do shit on a Mac except update your blog and act all pretentious in your local coffee shop hahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Then again things are starting to look up for Macs...

572452-indexintelchip20060109.jpg

572452-indexintelchip20060109.jpg.0e01b092af920ed00373e4c06ae363ee.jpg

Actually, I have to confess that everytime I send an excel or access file across the planet, and they run the thing on their $400 computer as well as I can on mine, I'm like, wow, MS really has some pretty awesome business applications.

Of course, my point of comparison is my commodore 64. bigdrink.gif

Actually, I have to confess that everytime I send an excel or access file across the planet, and they run the thing on their $400 computer as well as I can on mine, I'm like, wow, MS really has some pretty awesome business applications.

Of course, my point of comparison is my commodore 64. bigdrink.gif

spreadsheets....pff. another 'not invented here' product from the visionaries at GatesCo.

I had a virus on my Mac...once...about 10 years ago. What are pop-ups?

fruit.gif

No idea, they still scare the bejeezus out of me when I use someone else's computer. I am a PC user though.

PCs are cheaper and there is more software written for them.

rolleyes.gif If there were more Macs there would be more Mac viruses. rolleyes.gif

I had a virus on my Mac...once...about 10 years ago. What are pop-ups?

fruit.gif

No idea, they still scare the bejeezus out of me when I use someone else's computer. I am a PC user though.

PCs are cheaper and there is more software written for them.

rolleyes.gif If there were more Macs there would be more Mac viruses. rolleyes.gif

PCs are cheaper because you don't get as much - this myth was once true but now if you do a Dell vs Mac comparison with SIMILAR products (easier now that they use the same chips) you'll see the mac is even if not a better value.

True, more programs are written for PC but if you're the average user (ie not Engineering or CAD - hell biotech uses Macs all the time) all you needs are fine on a Mac (Office, Internet, Email, music and photos) Many argue that Mac Office is better than PC Office. Only downside - Outlook and some other Microsoft Biz aps don't have MAc versions. Microsoft isn't dumb enough to port all of their Biz Cash cow to Mac...

Really the diff is philosophical more than anything - That or ignorance...

Edited by matt_m

PCs are cheaper because you don't get as much - this myth was once true but now if you do a Dell vs Mac comparison with SIMILAR products (easier now that they use the same chips) you'll see the mac is even if not a better value.

cough, bullshit, cough compare what $1100 gets you on Dell.com to a 'new ' macbook ... where you pay $150 to get it in Black. yellaf.gif