[TR] Greybeard-Attempt- North Face 5/10/2006

AlpinistAndrew

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry, or should I say Erik.

I can't speak for others, but I can say this. I've come very close to killing myself 3 times over the years in climbing accidents. Thankfully I didn't, and I haven't had a real close call in years. All 3 times I made decisions that were stupid and I payed the price. I still have vivid memories of all the scenarios.

There was no internet back when I was doing stuff like that, and thankfully my friends didn't hack me to pieces with a monday morning quarterback routine. I can tell you this I am my own worst critic; I still stop and think every so often, "how could I have been so fucking stupid."

I can't change the past and neither can Andrew, so why don't you lighten up.

Anyway Andrew or Andy; way to not get dead. thumbs_up.gif

I can't speak for others, but I can say this. I've come very close to killing myself 3 times over the years in climbing accidents. Thankfully I didn't, and I haven't had a real close call in years. All 3 times I made decisions that were stupid and I payed the price. I still have vivid memories of all the scenarios.

There was no internet back when I was doing stuff like that, and thankfully my friends didn't hack me to pieces with a monday morning quarterback routine. I can tell you this I am my own worst critic; I still stop and think every so often, "how could I have been so fucking stupid."

I can't change the past and neither can Andrew...

Well said. thumbs_up.gif