PDX afterwork next week?

I'll be in a conference in Portland all next week. Do you folks do a regular night at the Butte anymore?

Will be staying out on the eastside at the Crack-a-myass Town Center area, and I'll be carless. Probably won't be able to bring much gear beyond shoes/harness with me.

Anybody game?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will dude- we'll absolutly be there to give you a belay until you cry uncle and beg for mercy, but tell your cheap assed company to pony up some money for a car!

I think the 82nd ave bus will do you right, I know a couple of people who do the bus thing sucessfully, but you might get lucky and hook a ride too.

Ujahn lives in West Linn, I'll check with him, but he usually just drives to the butte from whereever his job is, which could be anywhere.

Stick with Nolse, he'll take care of you.

Post on the alpine anoynomys thread to troll for a ride on the days you need it. I will most likely be there Tue/Thus, but could change that around to give you a belay if needed.

ps, gear: shoes and harness is plenty. Well fix you up with the rest, and you can boulder too if you'd like.

My cheap ass company, the US Army, is spending your tax dollars my friend. So you might be pleased that I'm not living plush yellaf.gif

Considering I haven't touched rock for 18mo, I'll cry early.

If I can't hook up a ride, I'll jet up 122nd on the bus, just gotta figure out a good cross street line to get over to 82nd. I know SE alot better than NE, but I'll figure it out.

My cheap ass company, the US Army, is spending your tax dollars my friend.

Yeah, can you say Bassett Hospital?? yellaf.gif Will, I can possibly pick you up and give you a ride out there a night or two next week (I work in Clackamas right near Sunnyside road) I won't be climbing though because I've got a broken leg that's still on the mend and I won't be able to dirve you back, but maybe Bill or John can help out with that.

Will,

If you cannot get a ride, and take the bus, your best bet will be to get to 122nd and Stark and pick up the 20, which will shift north to Burnside. I believe the 33 could drop you off amazingly close to Rocky Butte.

Here's the master tool for getting there.

Tri-Met Trip Planner

Depending on the night, my evenings are freeing up more, and I might be able to swing by the Butte.

-r