• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
gavastik

fishing for partners for July, especially weekdays

Hello, good people of cc.

I'll be coming from the Coast that's in the East to Seattle area (living in Redmond actually) for the month of July, maybe even the last week of June, and looking to climb all over, all the time, especially during the working week. I'm looking to do rock, alpine, ice, ski descents, whatever.

I prefer fun long easy/moderate climbs to desperate epics. Let me rephrase this: I don't climb very well, for all the years I've been doing it. smile.gif I've led 5.8 on gear, but I've also been scared on 5.6. I've clipped some 5.10-ish bolts, but who cares. I've led grade 3 ice but it was mushy and in the 40s. I ski on tele gear, but not too steep (Main Gully in the Gulf of Slides on Mt Washington was scary). You get the idea.

But I'm psyched to climb! And ski! And I'll have a car. And if you're kind enough to show me around I'll buy you a beer.

I also plan to show up to pub club events and such. bigdrink.gif (where's the smiley for downing martinis?)

Cheers

Paulina

Shomshing is wong. A girl (with a car!) who likes to climb and is offering to buy beer, needs a climbing partner and only one person has replied? Mein got, has the ratio changed this drastically or do cc.commies only read Spray nowadays?

Sounds like we're at about the same level only I'm not a good enough skier to tele wink.gif I can get away midweek. I'm a girl with a car too. PM me and we'll take over the world smile.gif

Shomshing is wong. A girl (with a car!) who likes to climb and is offering to buy beer, needs a climbing partner and only one person has replied? Mein got, has the ratio changed this drastically or do cc.commies only read Spray nowadays?

He he. I got a few PMs, actually. Also perhaps the call was a little too early. But that's alright -- we go for quality not quantity, right? smile.gif

Cheers

Paulina

i live in redmond and climb most every weekend somewhere...

shoot me a pm when you get here...