general hi and some july questions

gavastik

Hi! I'm new here.

(That was the general hi.) So I'll coming to Seattle from the east coast in July and maybe last week of June this year, on an extremely flexible schedule, and with a burning desire to climb. Good place for it, innit?

Other than looking for partners, which it seems I should do on the Looking for Partners board, I was wondering about oh so many things...

Are there any easy/moderate alpine climbs (rock or ice) with gentle descents that you like and would recommend I check out? By gentle descents I mean glissade, rappel, cable-car, paved road, magic carpet... You know, I'm an old woman with bad knees... smile.gif

And then a bunch of OT stuff, like:

Where's the best bc skiing to be had in July, preferably not extremely badass?

Is it worth it to bring my bike into Seattle? I'll be living in Redmond, so it would be to "commute" to places like the climbing gym and the pub.

Last but not least: do the nice people of the Pub Club bite?

Thanks for any and all the info. Cheers!

Paulina

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd suggest picking up one of Nelson's Select guidebooks and maybe looking at the volcanoes for July skiing.

Yep. Got both Nelson's Selected Climbs, as well as Weekend Rock! and a guide to the Olympics. Salivating over them at night.

So, is it pretty easy and usual to try to pick up a partner at one of them pub club meetings? Or do people prefer to make plans over email/pm?

Off to post on the partners thread for weekday adventures if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Paulina