Erden rows the Atlantic!

wayne

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw some guy and a couple of others in what looked to be one of those ocean-crossing row boats down on Lake Washington this morning (right near where 520 goes by that marina with the house boats). Anyone know who that was?

That was probably OAR Northwest. Four guys from the University of Puget Sound who are rowing across the north Atlantic this summer. They're raising money for the American Lung Association and trying to set a world record. They've been supporting Erden and become pretty close with him.

Check out their site OAR

I'm going to chip in an say that is pretty amazing. My dad works on the container ships, and I've heard some of the conditions you get into out in the open sea....I could not imagine what it would be like to be alone in the middle of the Atlantic in a rowboat.

I've heard some of the conditions you get into out in the open sea....I could not imagine what it would be like to be alone in the middle of the Atlantic in a rowboat.

i don't think there'd be 'nuff room on the boat for the amount of mushsmile.gif i'd require to fight off the seasickness