Potter Climbs Delicate Arch

dbb

Yeah I agree with you, but this is not about what he did with the rock or the damage he did. It is more about what happens as a result. Now, no installation of permanent anchors is allowed in the park. The more this happens in this park and others the easier it is for more restrictions to be created that will restrict climbing even farther. Yes not as important as the destruction of the planet, but climbing is something that I value and would love to continue doing outside instead of in some gym.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is a Sack! I met him a couple of times in the Valley and he should never be mentioned in the same breath as Beckey, Robbins, Croft or a boatload of other non-poser climbers. I am glad Chouinard dropped him like a lead weight. I always wondered why Patagucci wanted anything to do with that SACK!

He is a Sack! I met him a couple of times in the Valley and he should never be mentioned in the same breath as Beckey, Robbins, Croft or a boatload of other non-poser climbers. I am glad Chouinard dropped him like a lead weight. I always wondered why Patagucci wanted anything to do with that SACK!

I also have met Dean. I found him humble and not full of himself. He truly climbs for himself. At least that was my impression.

Ask a group of folks that know him well, yosar, and most of em will confirm that, yep, he's a sack alright. He can climb though.

Why would I ask Yosar? Even I they do great things like rescue's and saving people. I have found that a lot of kids on Yosar are cocky in there own right.

I met Dean a couple of times before he made a name for him self. I didn't really get to know him but I got the impression he was a nice guy, quiet and humble. That was a while ago and people do change. That being said I would guess the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Why would I ask Yosar? Even I they do great things like rescue's and saving people. I have found that a lot of kids on Yosar are cocky in there own right.

As for cocky kids on Yosar, there aren't any more ego's on Yosar than there are hanging out in the valley in general or out at smith or here on this board.

Patagonia dropped Dean and Steph from the ambassador program.

No end to amusement how some of you groupies drop these pseudo-celebrity first names.

"Yah, but wudda 'bout chris, beth, 'n tommy, an here's a shout out for m'man, Davey (Graham)...gib me fibe!"

:rolleyes:

Who gives a:

070a.jpg

This is a climbing site. In other venues people would think you're an idjit if you didn't know who this fellow was

Space dude

Of course I don't think Beth and Tommy live up to Buzz's level, but I do know the names.

If for no other reason know the names of the people you hate. ;)

Edited by AlpineK

This is a climbing site. In other venues people would think you're an idjit if you didn't know who this fellow was

Space dude

Of course I don't think Beth and Tommy live up to Buzz's level, but I do know the names.

Dang straight, they don't! They went climbing. Buzz went on one of the scariest, riskiest adventures in human history.

I met him once. Dang intense, and the only one of the original Apollo 11 dudes making a real effort to promote space exploration.

aldrin.jpg

Ain't no one in climbing who even compares.

But I do know who AlpineK is.

No end to amusement how some of you groupies drop these pseudo-celebrity first names.

"Yah, but wudda 'bout chris, beth, 'n tommy, an here's a shout out for m'man, Davey (Graham)...gib me fibe!"

:rolleyes:

Who gives a:

070a.jpg

but you can keep calling mr. whittaker big lou right? cause you're up on his tip and all?

They claim it isn't delicate arch fall-out.

Source?

So far, no one has cited a creditable source for this information. I didn't see any mention on Patagonia about it, and Mr. Potter and Mrs. Davis-Potter are still listed as Ambassadors.

Perhaps this thread belongs in Spray.

Source?

So far, no one has cited a creditable source for this information. I didn't see any mention on Patagonia about it, and Mr. Potter and Mrs. Davis-Potter are still listed as Ambassadors.

It hasn't been announced to the public yet... it was only communicated last week internally so unless you are affiliated with Patagonia to some degree you wouldn't know.

I can understand with the nature of this board how this might be perceived as a troll. I would say look at my post history on cc and decide for yourself I spend my time trolling or writing TRs.

Source?

It hasn't been announced to the public yet... it was only communicated last week internally so unless you are affiliated with Patagonia to some degree you wouldn't know.

It was on SuperTaco a week ago :rolleyes: More like "If you don't have an internet connection"

I can understand with the nature of this board how this might be perceived as a troll. I would say look at my post history on cc and decide for yourself I spend my time trolling or writing TRs.

:laf:

Fuck Me