leavenworth/ goldbar bouldering guide book

halfpint

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blodered outside this weekend. Even trampled flowers and shit. It was all very exciting.

i hate it when i trample in shit...that was the worst thing about climbing in france was all the goddammed french "land-mines"... thumbs_down.gif

Brent, you should post some of the problems on mountainproject.com. I think the reason nobody in WA boulders is nobody knows where all the problems are and how good they are. Goldbar rivals squamish, but nobody goes there because there is so little info about it, I guess.

I guess, but this site has no formal organized system for posting route info, and every post seems to degenerate into a huge string of a few people spraying off topic. I just think that other site is nice because it is simply about content, is a helpful resource, and isn't a forum where you are likely to be criticized simply for discussing a climb.

your lack of faith disturbs me. There is a lot of helpful information here ol' chap, though it can be served up with a nice dose of flavor. perhaps some of the updates the other admins and I are working on will address that somewhat for you. but pimping this other site, how could you? tongue.gif

It's possible there is helpful info on this site, but it simply not organized to be an online route database like the other site I am (admittedly) pimping.

I can't just open cc.com and go to a section that simply describes objectively all the climbs at WWI, for instance, and I definitely can't do it without someone interjecting that Blah blah route is "gay." (see comment above)

i'll buy the guidebook when it comes out, subject to review of course, but i doubt i'll be visiting gold bar a ton. i've been there a few times and the climbing is fun but the ambiance leaves a lot to be desired with the hoards of offroaders, trash and clearcut. the Leavenworth part should be great.

i have checked out the mountain project site and it is pretty cool, but without a guide book for reference i have no idea where most of the climbs refered to are.

Totally. The only people who care about those stupid climbs are people with talent, fitness and ability. Those people are so gay.

So I completely agree with you Larry, except for the really obvious problem that guidebooks don't include new climbs and a guidebook doesn't help get you to an area that DOESN'T HAVE A GUIDEBOOK, which is the point of this thread...

So if I don't climb at ww1 then I will not have talent, fitness and ability? Now that is really gay!

As far as pebble wrastlin goes, I don't think tou really need something to tell you what problem is what as they are all just contrivences of each other. Why not leave the problems open for personal inturpetation instead of subjecting it to one's opinion. Really the same could be said for most climbs as well, ww1 comes to mind. And if you cannot find the the bouldering in Goldbar then well um...yeah.