Pyramid Peak?!?

Denali4jr

A friend and I were looking for a good climb and after digging through the beckey guide concluded Pyramid peak offered a fun approach and good climbing. The only things we were woried about were 1. If anyone had even been over emerald ridge in the past week (how hard is it to keep the trail?) 2. How good the snow conditions are. And 3. Whats the earliest time the gate at Longmire is open.Any info would be great.

confused.gif" border="0

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Climbed Pyramid Peak from Westside Road junction in Feb 1983. We "scooted" across the Tahoma Creek suspension bridge, which was jacked up at a 45 degree angle to prevent snow-loading, by hooking our snowshoe claws over the higher edge of the bridge decking and hanging on to the cable with our bare hands which froze. ...terrifying.

Camped at Indian Henry's..it snowed 2 feet during the night. We summited the next morning in marginal weather. Kicked a large slab loose on the way down.

The trip was certainly a "youthful learning experience" which I'm lucky I survived.