Crag behind Spokane Valley YMCA

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, where walk in the wild used to be there is a main "wall" that has about 6 bolted routes on it. It is pretty small and only about 40' high. There are some good looking undeveloped highball bouldering walls around the area too.

Yah, i climbed there a couple of times. Had a lot of fun too. I think the routes ranged from 5.8 to low 10's. Just had to be carefull of not gettin shot by paintballs. Check yer pm's also.

I havent been back there in over 6 years, last I heard they were threatening to close down the area. I'm pretty sure it was private land. Whats the status of land ownership now?

I equiped the route that pulls the big obvious roof several years ago. It has not been freed yet to my knowledge. It looks like it will go, my guess is in the moderate 5.12 range(Although easier up to the crux). Anyone is welcome to it, I have sort of lost interest after getting spanked on it too many times. It is not a good tope rope route. As for the other routes out there I think it was Grady Roberts or Bill Centinari who put them up, although not 100% sure on that.

Land ownership is sort of a mixed bag back in there. It's probably owned by the developer, but set aside in a conservation easement since there is some sort of avian/wildlife setback on building in that area. Someone from the local DFW office could walk by (and they might, their office is just down the road from the "Y") & tell anyone doing route development that they are in a protected species habitat area... but unless you're pulling down nests, you're probably OK.

Edited by CraigClimber

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ditto, I liked your website.

Well, it's been 13 days since this last post and I guess we're all still a little shocked. To see him typing words like this is just so... odd, out of character, .......positive?

I can't remember the last time I heard him so exuberant and positive. I seem to remember him uttering a couple positive words after he bought his first snowmobile last year, but nothing like this. It's as if my world has turned upside down.

What could have been the catylist for such a character altering change? Are we to see him around town helping old ladies across the street? it boggles the mind.

cheers to the new you

congratulations dad.

love arden

Well, it's been 13 days since this last post and I guess we're all still a little shocked. To see him typing words like this is just so... odd, out of character, .......positive?

I can't remember the last time I heard him so exuberant and positive. I seem to remember him uttering a couple positive words after he bought his first snowmobile last year, but nothing like this. It's as if my world has turned upside down.

What could have been the catylist for such a character altering change? Are we to see him around town helping old ladies across the street? it boggles the mind.

cheers to the new you

congratulations dad.

love arden

I was thinking it was all the good wind lately and the stoke of a killer new sport.

Congrats Marty.

Now let's actually hook up and go kiting.

cheers to the new you

congratulations dad.

love arden

Bite me Assclown pitty.gif

Marty,

Now that the real you is back, could you please go "brokeback kiteflying" with BLOWboarder so that he can stop trying sooooo desperately and publicly to get a date with you?

Sorry Norman, don't despair, it's just that your stock has plummeted since you didn't send jack-shit at Maple. Also I think I saw that BLOWboarder is ranked higher than you on 8a.nu.

JEALOUS???

Edited by leearden

Marty,

Now that the real you is back, could you please go "brokeback kiteflying" with BLOWboarder so that he can stop trying sooooo desperately and publicly to get a date with you?

Sorry Norman, don't despair, it's just that your stock has plummeted since you didn't send jack-shit at Maple. Also I think I saw that BLOWboarder is ranked higher than you on 8a.nu.

JEALOUS???

Fuck you on both points, but more so the 8a.spew burn. Good stuff...

Kiting ain't like "ladies" night at Dempsey's or a PBR fuled sexcapade with Donnie and Norman out behind his uncles wrecking yard....so you wouldn't like it much I imagine...but tag along with Marty some time, I'll supply the predug hole.

What happened? I think someone hacked my computer and started insulting my friends. Vague recollections of an ephedrine blackout yesterday afternoon.

Oh my head hurts.

So anyway, when I wake up this morning, my family are gathered around my bed for some sort of "chatroom-junkie intervention". They say I need help, they say those emoticons and graemlins online are actually real people in real places, not just on my monitor. So I guess I need some time away from cyber-climbing, they say I can get my mind "righted" at a clinic with people who deal with this all the time.

If I see Donny Baker I'll say hi

I'm so sorry for all those I've hurt

love

assclown