• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Fuggedaboudit

Where to buy gas cannisters?

Can anyone give me a store (or two) on the way to the WR entrance from SeaTac airport that sells the isobutane gas cannisters? Cant fly with them and our flight gets in around noon, hoping to get in the rental and drive into park and register day before we set off for the climb.

REI in Federal Way would be on your way.

Make sure you bring your time machine.

It closed not long after they opened the Tacoma store. I think that spot is an off-ramp now.

The Tukwila REI isn't too far out of the way if you're going from Sea-Tac to the White River entrance.

Been a while since I inhabited the south Puget Sound area.

Sportco in Fife wouldn't be too far out of the way. There's also Federal Way Discount Guns. They don't sell isobutane, but you could get some cheap guns!

I am going to Whittaker's in ashford on the way into the park. be there on friday for a trip up gib ledges friday night.

When and where are you going?

There's also Federal Way Discount Guns. They don't sell isobutane, but you could get some cheap guns!

Now c'mon I'll admit you guys have the alpine over us but seriously, cheap guns? I can get cheap guns on my corner, no waiting period or background check- $200 and a pack of Newports, good to go!

Thanks, that REI in Tukwila is on the way I'll stop in there.

Ridgeline- I am heading out west first week of June, checking out a certain northern ridge climb (again, again . . .) A guy I climbed the Emmons with last year will be there the same time as you also looking at the Gib Ledges, he is "snowball" on this site. I see you are from NE, send me a PM my friends and I get in 4-5 weekends of ice every winter in 'Dacks, NH and VT.

Edited by Fuggedaboudit

There's also Federal Way Discount Guns. They don't sell isobutane, but you could get some cheap guns!

Now c'mon I'll admit you guys have the alpine over us but seriously, cheap guns? I can get cheap guns on my corner, no waiting period or background check- $200 and a pack of Newports, good to go!

yellaf.gif

Whittaker Mountaineering, next door to the Bunkhouse in Ashford, sells cannisters.