Best way to become a badass

frontrangeclimber

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Or how to look like a badass:

Get as skinny as you can. Wear lycra pants and a HUGE down jacket and running shoes. Talk with a french accent and go tanning until your face looks like leather.

Hey! ! ! You just described DFA!! yellaf.gif

...move to Minnesota.

Minnesotans shovel 18" of snow off strangers' sidewalks wearing flannel shirts and gloves in -20 weather. For fun.

Open-water snowmobiling? Minnesotans are just a different breed of badass.

I spent 18 years in Minnesota as a kid and surviving the cold weather in itself makes you a badass. If you could skate a whole hockey game without going into the warming hut that made you a super badass. Tukes and Choppers are what makes a Minnesotan. And if you lived in the north as I did, you might as well consider yourself a Canadian. hahaha.gif

I spent 18 years in Minnesota as a kid and surviving the cold weather in itself makes you a badass. If you could skate a whole hockey game without going into the warming hut that made you a super badass. Tukes and Choppers are what makes a Minnesotans. And if you lived in the north as I did, you might as well consider yourself a Canadian. hahaha.gif

I'm from Minnesota, too. Ah, the snow, the cold, the nice guys with jeeps who would come and pull your ass out of ten-foot ditches after snowstorms.

I had a seriously crazy BF who would open-water snowmobile for distance.

Sorels.

...move to Minnesota.

Minnesotans shovel 18" of snow off strangers' sidewalks wearing flannel shirts and gloves in -20 weather. For fun.

Open-water snowmobiling? Minnesotans are just a different breed of badass.

I spent 18 years in Minnesota as a kid and surviving the cold weather in itself makes you a badass.

rolleyes.gif

Minnesota is for softies.

I lived in the Alaskan Interior.

I = badass.

rolleyes.gif

Minnesota is for softies.

I lived in the Alaskan Interior.

I = badass.

Well, lets see, I spent 6 years in Anchorage as well as Fairbanks, Alaska. Does that make me the ultimate badass? rolleyes.gif

Oh, and by the way, the only difference between Interior and Exterior Alaska is your choice of women. yelrotflmao.gif

Go do super hardcore shit. If you can hack it, you'll be badass. If you get yourself killed, obviously you're just not badass material, but you have a chance of being reincarnated as a badass.

Just $0.02. cantfocus.gif

(Arguing about whose birthplace is more badass on the internet definitely isn't badass.)yellaf.gif

Go do super hardcore shit. If you can hack it, you'll be badass. If you get yourself killed, obviously you're just not badass material, but you have a chance of being reincarnated as a badass.

Just $0.02.

(Arguing about whose birthplace is more badass on the internet definitely isn't badass.)

As much as I agree, I would also add the as yet unmentioned: move to yosemite in the next two weeks, stay there till it snows and do five to ten walls. Then, if you have to ask what step Two in becoming a badass is, well, you never will. pitty.gif

The time-proven way to become a bad-ass is to loose your job, break up with your girlfriend, begin a downward spiral of self-loathing, frustration, desperation, and imposed sexual abstinence and then attempt to redeem yourself and find meaning in your life by literally climbing your way out. Rinse, Repeat.

Alpinist Vol. 15.

"The guy who had just broken up with his girlfriend always got the hard leads".

So far AlpinFox is on the money, I would add live some place where you can walk to the cliff, cause your not going to be able to afford to drive anywhere.

I am far from badass if that what you are saying, it is more like fatass. When I first came out here my job was suppose to be house boy, which mean climber with a real nice financially supportive girlfriend. Little did I know the nice girlfriend was going to find climber a legit job, jeezs, me stoopid fatass now. yellaf.gif The next wunderkind will hopefully be our kid so she can drag big fat old man up big hard technical routes. smirk.gif We'll see. If she is not the one, maybe the offspring from a arranged marrige that Boulderboy I have worked out so that we can have Huberesque grandchildren, this is all dependant that Distel produces a boy.