How is skiing at Muir?

Pencil_Pusher

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the snow for boarding is GREAT, i'm not sure how the skiers will manage though... wink.gif" border="0

it is and has been raining at paradise for the past few days, but there was a foot of snow there this weekend... if you were really careful, you could probably keep your boards on all the way to the parking lot. if the freezing level dropped a 1000 feet or so, we'd be in snow heaven... regardless, the snow is falling up high and it's only getting deeper.

mike

Mike,How is the temperature? Is the snow still at Boarding consistency or has it been cold enough to dry out a little for skis also?

Also, what does the Comment "Intermittent false snowdepth readings ~ 32 inches" indicate on the NOAA Paradise Telemetry site.

Matt,I'm also thinking about tomorrow but won't decide until early tomorrow morning. Also can't decide between snowboard or skis. I just tuned the skis and would rather save the fresh bases for some decent snow.

Rob

I know I know...Your right Mike but as Mike G. is there everyday I thought I'd get some feedback from him. Its a long drive and if the snow is still sloppy I'd rather wait...

Unfortunately, I've got plenty to do besides ski, the more house painting, drainage digging, gutter installing, etc I get done now the less I have to do when the snow is really flying.

When I sell the house next spring and move to Chile, then all I'll have to do is climb and ski, until then I'm going to pick my days.

BTW, how's the snow up at Alpental... or do I need to head up there and find out for myself? tongue.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

cool.gif" border="0 Sun.18th. was quite icy on the Muir snowfield.

The snowboard descent from Anvil Rock to Paradise was only a taste of some hard ice and some well earned turns.

The meteor shower from Kautz creek was spectacular as it led us to a beautiful morning.

cool.gif" border="0 SAT.10th partly cloudy at 11,000+

patches of ice above 9,000, corn like descending from about 8,000'until about6,800'above Nisqually glacier.

A great run down from the snowfield to a gully above the Nisqually around maybe Pebble creek.