What's the most stupid thing you ever did?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like a RHCP song

yeah, I wish. cantfocus.gif

I got stopped by a lady cop

In my automobile

She said get out and spead your legs

And then she tried to cop a feel

That cop she was all dressed in blue

Was she pretty? Boy I'm tellin' you

She stuck my butt with her big black stick

I said "what's up?" now suck ...

Alright I have to recant my last statement. I really didn't know what I was doing at the time. Really the least goes on but this is my current favorite.

"Want me to check it out?" "No, it's my turn to kick it."

That was followed by a very large explosion 15 yards from me. Problem is, that's not the first time.

Lesson learned? If it feels wrong it's more than that. It's FUCKING WRONG!

There was also last March 2005 when I got back from Tikrit. After just one WI4 warm up climb in Cogne that made me decided that it was an alright idea to start climbing without a partner. A week later I found myself on Mont Blanc du Tacul on the first bit of ice that I could find. After I'd had enough shaking I did around 10 rapps on a single 60 meter static line and headed back towards the cable car station and salvaged the day my boarding down the Valle Blanche. I was just too intimidated to climb over there alone again. Damned near ruined the rest of my trip. Only did the climb because a Canadian that I met in a bar had recommended it to me.

Didn't help that I saw a girl and a guy rope coming up as I was rappeling down. Women never seem to have a problem finding willing climbing partners.

Chamonix? What climber wastes the better part of a month on being intimdated in Chamonix? Lesson learned? I'm too inexperienced to go climbing without partners, partners, Partners! That and don't read Mark Twight literature while being deployed and away from actual climbing.

Both of these fall under the things that you don't tell your parents about no matter how old you are category.

I've done lots of stupid things; that said, this past climbing trip, we did a car shuttle. Halfway up the route, I realized I forgot my car keys at my partner's car. Shit. It doesn't do you any good to have your car at a totally different location at the end of the climb, if you don't have your keys with you. blush.giffrown.gif

I'll be buying him beers for quite a while for this one. He was quite the patient soul.

Both of these fall under the things that you don't tell your parents about no matter how old you are category.

Nice story! I think just about every climber I've met has more than a couple of those that they "left out" when talking to their parents, spouse, etc...

There should be a thread just about things not to say to cops...

"Hey man, wanna donut?"

"I thought you only did this to black people."

"Don't you have any protestors to beat today?"

"Hey officer - how come only gay men and cops have moustaches?"

Wow... I've been gone for 3 days and missed loads! Thanks everyone... these are great. I'm happy to report that I didn't do anything too stupid this week (although I did forget to lock a biner but my partner caught it when he checked me fortunately) but I just had to share this one which falls under the category of stupid things other people have done. We were just heading up the Hogsback on Hood on Friday when we realize that there are four unroped guys sitting taking a break right on the snowbridge with the bergschrund open on either side of them and a 6 inch crack running a few inches behind them. I was in too big of a hurry to get the hell away from them to say anything.

idiots.jpg

How about grabbing my crotch and flipping off a female officer of the paramilitary San Diego Police Department... to her face... hellno3d.gif

not bad ,he's mine

back in the day, my friend parked the wrong way on a one way street, one of the main streets going through port angeles, and we went in to a friends house came back down stairs and sure enough a cop was running the plates. my buddy didn't have a licence at the time, he said he was driving and the cop already ran his plates and knew he didn't have a licence, and told my frined that and so i said he wasn't driving it's his car but i was driving, this happened a few times then the cop asked for my licence so i gave it to him he went and sat in his car and started telling me what a bad person i was for parking backwards and probly lieing to him, so after he gave me my licence back as i was walking away i said, "well in my opion your an asshole and can suck my dick" he flew out of his car and statred screming in my face his face was beat red he was asking what i said, i just turned to leave and said" nothing man" he grabed my arm and scremed at me again this time we were practicaly touching noses. i calm but sharply said" i said in my opion your an ass hole and you can suck my dick"

he grew even reder and just stood there shakeing with rage then said i wasn't allowed to say that to him, and that i was threating him, my reply was simply im alowed to express my opion and he can't keep me from doing so at this point in time there were about 6 or 7 people on the sidewalk and they all were laughting there asses off and saying in my opion your an ass hole and what not to the guy. i kinda felt bad but he finally just said if we didn't stop he'd press obstruction charges on us then he just left. probly helped that i was only 17 at the time

on the ride to detox, the officers made a stop in Mission Beach to pick up some drunk guy who had been causing problems (disturbing the peace?). Anyway, this guy looked like a rich snobby white-bread type with designer slacks and shirt and obviously expensive hair cut. they threw him in the car, and the whole way to detox, he was screaming at the cops about how they could shove their handcuffs/night-sticks/mace/etc. straight up their asses. And the lady cop kept getting more and more pissed and answered "you're going to jail tonight!", which just got another round of "stick *** up your ass, bitch". I kept chuckling, and they asked me if I had anything to say. To which I said "no, sir". I guess they were full of crap, because they put him in detox not jail, where he immediately started talking about "making a jailbreak". About an hour later he ran for it... and got away. To which the cop on duty said, "it's ok, he'll probably get raped" (this was in a bad part of San Diego in the middle of the night). hahaha.gif

Years ago, I decided I needed to solo Diedre. Drove up to Squamish after work one summer Friday and jumped on it in the fading twilight. Got about halfway up the route to find a crux layback section dripping wet. The adrenaline told me it would be better to push through it than down-solo all that way, and so I did, one shaky move at a time.

Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon and back in a day. Something like a 30 mile round trip...115F in the shade at Ghost Ranch....Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Almost blew up the chemistry lab in high school several times whilst trying to brew up interesting percussive compounds (thermite is waaaay too easy to make...)