• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
John Frieh

City of Rocks Memorial Day Weekend

Make sure to pack your brighter head lamp and fresh batteries... I heard the climbing bans don't apply at night as no one can see you hahaha.gifhahaha.gifhahaha.gifwazzup.gif

packed! See ya there! You guys/gals should come on over sat. night...I'm interested to meet ya'll. will get in like at 6.

Cheers!

Hah, thanks! I've been wondering what the hell I was forgetting...batteries is the answer!

You are a Knottygirl. I'm afraid to ask what they need to power. Sounds like quite weekend though.

Haha haha..for the cameras and headlamp

More then a great weekend! I'm out there for 10 days!

I have no idea what you mean sobo....

I have no idea what you mean sobo....

Then you're obviously not Kitergal. Maria/Kitergal is a poster here, and let's just say that she claims she goes through a lot of batteries... and not for cameras and headlamps and such... blush.gif It's a little game we play here on this board. evils3d.gif

Yo, we had a blast climbing at CofR on Sat, Sun, Monday. Climbed Bloody Fingers, Lost Pioneers, Animal Cracker, Thin Crisp, Rye Crisp, TR on Brown Flake among others. The park is in great shape as always and ready for some summer cragging!! Tell Burley (my home town) I said Howdy when ya'll pass through!! Rock on!! FYI- the pumps have not been water tested this year, so bring some water "cleaner" or plan on stocking up on water in town!! Have a blast!!!

thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

You just never get used to those days when you wake up to sleet and snow. 576555-cor011.jpg

We got a few climbs in before the weather crapped out.

576555-animalcracker.JPG

Animal Cracker

576555-cor002.jpg

Wheat Thin

Mrs. G and me retreated 300 miles south on sunday to Mecca, a boulderfield in Nevada and the first place not blowing/ snowing/ raining.

576555-mecca.jpg

Disgruntled and unrested, we drove home and bought an air rifle to make ourselves feel better.

576555-177welder.JPG

I built the shooting bench and she sewed up the sandbags.

576555-mecca.jpg.e1135235840499ee6e07b79ae745db47.jpg

The City was killer this past weekend. For all you that stayed home, you missed out on some serious good times.

did anybody actually stick around to climb at all this weekend? We bailed sunday, climbed at Black Cliffs in Boise monday in beautiful sunshine (bolted cracks - i thought i was in Austria). i didn't want to leave, it was my first time there and the formations were amazing! BUTT the weather . . . . hopefully next time will be a bunch better . . .

Sorry it took so long, homes. Been getting my ass handed to me at work.

Anyway, John, Lani, and I were able to get in half a dozen pitches or more on the Decadent Wall before the weather got shittay.

Me geeking out on a sporto route (Nipples and Clits):

8751IMG_0632_r1-med.JPG

Lani seconding the same:

8751IMG_0639_r1-med.JPG

John on FDC:

8751IMG_0646_r1-med.JPG

We got to climb some classics on the wall, but unfortunately didn't get a chance to hit up some of the excellent routes in other locales.

Gear: hot tub proved quite handy! Be sure to bring Hungarian salami to share with your tub-mates... HCL.gif

Had a good time, though the weather forced an early retreat. Cheers to everyone I got to climb with bigdrink.gif

Man what a stellar week....snow then hot sun, lots of climbing....no one there! I'll post picks later this week. Wish I would have seen some of you...or maybe I did...