Conditon of D.C.

mtnrgr

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I was up there last weekend.. I didnt climb but I did talk to some guys that were coming down.. I hiked up to Muir. It seems that above Muir when the hard rains came they got 3-4 feet of new snow and that was a few days before. ANd they coudnt make it couse of avy conditions. But they said the groups that were trying to summit on That sunday would probaly make it he wasnt shure though. and he said most crevasses were exposed but wasnt shure because of the new snow.

My party of 3 got lucky with a brief weather window & we summitted Sunday 9/2 via the DC route. It was windy and cold above 12k', with strong gusts and lots of spindrift, but clear & beautiful (it turned crappy Sunday night, and I doubt anyone summitted Monday). The route itself is not in great shape, with very little snow left on the cleaver and rotten snowbridges on the lower glaciers (we saw 2 guys climb most of the route unroped, which was scary to watch).