Question for Mike Gauthier

Stefan

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, there are a LOT of changes going on at rainier. a new visitor center at paradise is the works, so is a new general management plan for the overall development of the park, and then there are a few other projects in the pipe. which "changes" are you talking about?

as far as climbing, not too much is happening these days. (well, a big rock almost took out the new camp muir toilet last week) you are correct though, any significant changes or developments in the will generate not only a media release, but more importantly, a public comment period.

360 569 2211 ext 2301 is the supt's secretary, she keeps her fingers on pulse of such topics... the website should also hip you to anything big going on. www.nps.gov/mora

you're also welcome to send your thoughts and comments to the park's supt (jon jarvis) at,

mt. rainier national park

tahoma woods, star route

ashford, wa 98397

gauthier

I am sorry. I should have been more clear.

I meant the Mount Rainier National Park General Management Plan / Environmental Impact Statement. I sent in several comments and suggestions in regards to the plan well before the February 9, 2001 deadline. I thought the comments were going to be put together and released for public viewing in regards to the plan but I have not heard anything.

I just thought you might know since you post to this website.