Seattle Area Pub Club 4/25

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would advise checking the sporting event schedules before committing to The Attic. It's a known frat-boy hang out.

About a month ago on a Monday night I was out at Cactus Restaurant for dinner. Afterward, we went to The Attic next door for a beer so I could relive college memories and tell wild dart-throwing stories (the place has hardly changed in 14 years). The place was nearly empty (it was a Monday night).

I then realized I left my credit card there (I seem to be doing that a lot lately) so had to return for it a few days later. It was a Thursday and the cramped Attic was packed to the gills with frat boys and sorority girls. It took me literally 2 minutes to snake my way 30 feet from the door to the bar past backward caps and shapely skirts, whereupon I retrieved my card from the disinterested bar tender (had to be short with him to get him to pay attention to me). Seems it was March Madness and there were several TVs airing different basketball games.

So, again, we would NOT want to go there if the place is going to be overrun by stentorian frat boys and shrieking soro girls. It will be so loud we won't be able to talk about ourselves like we usually do--like me and my 500th. hellno3d.gif

However, it's a nice locale with a nice lakefront park. And parking is reasonable (a block away at worst).

TUESDAY...MOSTLY CLOUDY IN THE MORNING THEN BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 50S TO MID 60S. SOUTH WIND 10 TO 15 MPH.

TUESDAY NIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS 40 TO 45. SOUTH WIND TO 10 MPH.

TODAY...SUNNY THEN BECOMING PARTLY CLOUDY LATE. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 60S TO MID 70S. NORTHEAST WIND AROUND 10 MPH.

TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY IN THE EVENING THEN BECOMING MOSTLY CLOUDY. LOWS IN THE 40S. LIGHT WIND BECOMING SOUTH 10 TO 15 MPH