PDX climbing partner

Backwoods

Hello:

I am new to Portland and looking for a solid climbing partner. I do climb inside on occasion (but hate to pay for it), but I am looking for an outdoor partner for trad/sport/alpine/ice/mountaineering/bouldering. I am very interested in getting out to explore the potential of this area and I am open to climbing anywhere.

I am a 5.9-5.10 sport climber, 5.7/8 trad climber, V2+(recovering from tendonitis) boulderer, WI 3-4, I am fit, dependable and have a possitive attitude, ambitious and like excitement (exposure), but not fool-hardy (live to climb another day). I do not yet have a car.

I am 6'4", 200lbs...so it would be great if you were over 150lbs:)

I am open to male/female/ciborg hybrid, very experienced to mildly so, religious/paganists, vegan/swine-diners, drinkers/non, smokers(any type)/non, republicans/green, classical/indie, old/young, monog/poly...

I am not looking for racists (pdx it too f#ckin white already), homophobes (again, for a queer city, there are too many of these to) or LAZY asses.

If interested, write back. Thanks for your time. Climb hard Climb high.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The PDX thread is updated anytime anyone is looking to climb on a particular date in/around PDX (hence 25 pages and counting). Last week we had 7 people one night... chances are you should be able to find some potential partners... I would encourage you to keep an eye on it and try and come out a few times. wave.gif

Yep, as John mentioned, check the Alpine Anonymous PDX thread. It's not just for dry-toolers anymore! smile.gif

At least a couple of us will be going out this afternoon, around 4:30 until whenever. Rocky Butte, mostly top rope. Both of you are free to join us if you like. Look for my silver miata, or John's silver ford truck (ranger?). Directions available upon request. =)