Buy a Pack on Sale, Support CascadeClimbers

crackers

Howdy All,

I've got a problem. I have about 26 of the CiloGear 60 Liter WorkSack packs that I don't want to sell the normal way because I've got no interest in describing what happened as a 'feature', and then running more production of these packs in the future. Instead of using VX42 in the center panel, they made some with VX21 and some with VX52 in that panel under the crampon pouch. The technical details follow below, but the basic story is that those with VX21 are lighter and will want some care, while those with VX52 are heavier and will put up with more abuse.

Honestly, I've done a lot of business because of this website and this community, and I wanted to continue giving back. I pm'd Jon, and here's the deal for you:

$125 buys a pack, all inclusive. I'll pay cc.com $15 and I take care of the shipping and handling.

If you want one, just pm me or email me at cilogear@gmail.com with the subject line "cascadeclimbers" or something like that. Tell me what size you want and what material you would prefer. I'll respond with an email invoice and reserve a pack for you, if I have what you need.

Technical Details:

VX42 is a laminated hi-tenacity nylon which is 400d. It weighs about 9.3oz/yard and its almost as strong as 1000d Cordura in terms of abrasion resistance. It is almost as strong as the VX52 in terms of tear strength, tearing in the low 60lbs of force region.

The VX21 is 200d laminate which is roughly equivalent in strength and abrasion resistance to 600d Cordura aka PackCloth. It weighs 6.2 oz/yard.

The VX52 is a 500d x 100d laminate which is pretty hard to destroy. Generally, it's used for the bottom of the packs, because it weighs about 11 oz/yard. It tears in the high 60lbs of force region, and has superior abrasion resistance characteristics.

I put up a few packs on eBay: 7236095403 and 7235945406 with basically the same details, and mentioned similar deals on other websites, but cc is the only one getting the thank you $$$...mention the cascadeclimbers deal!

Thanks for your time,

As always, ask if you've got a question.

Graham

www.cilogear.com

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was away from the internet almost all weekend, and I sent out confirmation emails for sizing for those packs that people have spoken for, and tommorrow they'll get the invoices.

I do not have any VX52 Larges left, but I still have mediums, smalls and a bunch of VX21 packs.

And CC is looking forward to a fat paypal!

• 2 weeks later...

UPS says mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. I had to send him an email and bug him though. I think he got swamped with orders recently, mixed blessing for him, but I think it's better in the long run that he stay in business and keep making good gear. Hopefully he's getting things sorted out and your pack got shipped out around the same time as mine. I'm looking forward to loading mine up this weekend. :-)

I just wanted to let everybody know that I apologize for how long it took to get the packs out the door. I sold 65 packs in nine days, which is a lot more than my previous high, with 15 or so going to cascadeclimbers members*. It created some serious bottlenecks in the shipping process. The first 50 or so went out last week, and those of you around Seattle started getting packs last night and the rest should see them today or tommorrow. Send me an email and I'll forward your tracking info on to you.

cilogear@gmail.com

Otherwise, yes, I have two or three VX51 Mediums available, and a lot of smalls. The larges sold out in about a day, and the smalls didn't sell at all.

Howdy,

Another update: at least six people are receiving packs tonight when they get home. The manual is sort of up here and I'll email it out tommorrow morning, but right now, its 5pm and I'm going climbing!

That's not very responsible - shirking customer service to go climbing.... rolleyes.gif

Got the pack. I can hardly wait to start modifying it.

One question - it has tool tube type clips on the bottom, but nothing up higher. What is the recommended set up? I currently have one of the short simple straps looped through the mini-daisy up high.

Either quick release buckles as recommended by UJA, or the simple straps like you did, or go to your local store and buy a foot of shock cord and two squeezey things. Put the shock cord through the daisyette and lock the tools down with a squeezey thing. Honestly, using simple straps to hold your tools will be a PIA when they ice up. I'd recommend the shock cord / squeezey thing personally...

In the update there will be squeezey things and shock cord...I wish I had thought to include them in this batch of production, but, well, I didn't. crazy.gifcrazy.gif

all the same, i think y'all got a killer deal. rockband.gif

I'm going to post some thoughts about cutting up the frame sheet on the wiki today...