Mountaineers in Leavenworth - April 22 & 23

DirtyHarry

I find it pretty funny to see Dru and Harry trying to argue that there is no even vaguely identifiable regular or periodic user group on cc.com. They spend literally several hours a week on the site and they sure seem to notice when someone new posts to the board based on their frequent comments directed toward the "newbie." Both have also been known to make broad general comments about unspecific groups of people - newbies, snowshoers, peak-baggers, rednecks, whoever. Even mountaineers (were not some of the "mounty" pictures actually boealps or something?).

stfu n00b snaf.gif

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oly:

Getting pretty close right now. (To loosing interest) We only hear about Mounty accidents because they are identified by the media. Consider how that skews the perception of the Mounties.

G-spot:

Peter as stated is "core"

Darryl should be because he's broken his arm and held a fall where someone broke their leg.

Eric8 -

I would remind you that I am considering two things. 1) The perception amongst some climbers that CC.com sprayers have more accidents than average. 2) The possibility that this may be true.

As far as the 10k bit read what I wrote above.

Cheers,

Oly:

Getting pretty close right now. (To loosing interest) We only hear about Mounty accidents because they are identified by the media. Consider how that skews the perception of the Mounties.

G-spot:

Darryl should be because he's broken his arm and held a fall where someone broke their leg.

Eric8 -

I would remind you that I am considering two things. 1) The perception amongst some climbers that CC.com sprayers have more accidents than average. 2) The possibility that this may be true.

Cheers,

ah, PP, yet again you so wonderfully encapsulate some turd of conventional wisdom in a veneer of condscension and refuse to support your argument with anything save hyperbole. tra la la

Oly:

G-spot:

Eric8 -

Cheers,

ah, PP, yet again you so wonderfully encapsulate some turd of conventional wisdom in a veneer of condscension and refuse to support your argument with anything save hyperbole. tra la la

cantfocus.gif

I find it pretty funny to see Dru and Harry trying to argue that there is no even vaguely identifiable regular or periodic user group on cc.com. They spend literally several hours a week on the site and they sure seem to notice when someone new posts to the board based on their frequent comments directed toward the "newbie." Both have also been known to make broad general comments about unspecific groups of people - newbies, snowshoers, peak-baggers, rednecks, whoever. Even mountaineers (were not some of the "mounty" pictures actually boealps or something?).

You are right matt.

I personally take umbrage to all the comments directed toward rednecks even though I only use them periodically.

Yes I understand your point about the core memebers peter. but say for example we are counting Stephen Ramsey as a core member because we are counting him as 1 of our 2 cc.om accidents last weekend. He has 400 post over 4 years, how many poeple on this board have over 400 post? Probably at least 100 which is still sigficantly more than more than number of climbers i would be in contact with outside this board....

Yes I understand your point about the core memebers peter. but say for example we are counting Stephen Ramsey as a core member because we are counting him as 1 of our 2 cc.om accidents last weekend. He has 400 post over 4 years, how many poeple on this board have over 400 post? Probably at least 100 which is still sigficantly more than more than number of climbers i would be in contact with outside this board....

just over 250 >400

Was Stephen Ramsey hurt last weekend? I'd count him as a core cc person, which subjectively speaking means that I wouldn't know who he was except for his posts here.

I'd be curious to see statistics on the accident question, too bad there's no easy way to gather the info. I can understand why there might be a perception of a connection between accident frequency and cc.com active posters, but it would take some real numbers to convince me it was any more than simple public exposure creating that perception.

"last month" would not be a big enough sample, I'd want to look at "last two years" as a minimium time period.

Speaking of cc.com as a club, where is that picture that Fern made with some of the cc.com regulars on the deck of cards, a la the US Army Iraqi hitlist deck?

If I 'member krektly, I was the Jack O' Hearts. smirk.gif

confused.gif I thought you were the queen of diamonds?

Only in your imagination.

Hey, I was just at the grocery store flipping through Climbings-Photo-Edition (99% sport and bouldering shots) and they were interviewing some young hipster who said something like...

"Climbers aren't pushing it enough, people in moto-cross expect to go to the hospital once a month, climbers need to develop the same mindset"

Maybe core.CC.comers are simply the progessive vanguard of climbers. smirk.gif

On the other hand thats pretty much a completely idiotic comment (the quoted one).

Hey, I was just at the grocery store flipping through Climbings-Photo-Edition (99% sport and bouldering shots) and they were interviewing some young hipster who said something like...

"Climbers aren't pushing it enough, people in moto-cross expect to go to the hospital once a month, climbers need to develop the same mindset"

Maybe core.CC.comers are simply the progessive vanguard of climbers. smirk.gif

On the other hand thats pretty much a completely idiotic comment (the quoted one).

That was in the big sport/bouldering spread wasn't it? Meshes well with this Tommy Caldwell quote "It was a fun trip, but I do not know if alpine climbing is going to become common for me; it seems a bit dangerous."

link