Mountaineers in Leavenworth - April 22 & 23

DirtyHarry

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...I was just told a story by a woman who, about 10 years ago was in her early 20s, and joined the Seattle Mounties. She said the group she was in was almost totally comprised of guys in their 50s. Apparently they were on a hike, and had to cross a stream, and the leader of the hike elected to take off his pants and his underwear for the crossing. He was the only one in the group to do this, and everyone thought it was pretty odd.

I wonder if it was this guy:

HANPK35.JPG

... She said the group she was in was almost totally comprised of guys in their 50s....

The word you are looking for there is composed not comprised.

Thank you for allow grammar police to post on idiot website.

THATS EXACTLY HOW SHE SAID IT, DWEEB!!! I was just doing honest reporting...I am NOT the liberal media obivously. AND GUESS WHAT!!! I JUST SPELLED A WORD WRONG, AND I DON'T CARE!!!!!

ok?

I'm a little late to this fight but what the fuck.

First off whether what Peter says is right or wrong I know he likes to argue, so I have a jaundiced view of his statements.

Secondly Matt is a lawyer, which means he has an advanced degree in twisting the english language to suit his purposes and up his billable time.

CC.com a club? I'm not sure what the fuck a club is, but if I were to guess a club is something you decide to call a club. This ain't no club.

All cc.com is is a bulitin board where people read and sometimes make posts. Sometimes the people get together and climb or drink beer or both. Anyone can post, so there are Mounties posting, Boealps posting, and WAC's too. There are also a lot of people who just climb.

Some of you people get really worked up by the word, "Accident." Let me tell you that accidents happen. If you drive a car you are very likely to get in an accident at some point. If you get in a lot of accidents well maybe you should change your driving style, but it ain't the fault of the driving club you belong to. There are a lot of accidents in the business I'm in because it's dangerous (duh) well climbing is dangerous too. If it's like the business I'm then statisticaly you are likely to get hurt in the 1st year as you're learning and there's another spike of people who have worked for 7 years. Basically when you learn to do something dangerous getting hurt is part of learning and after you've become comfortable doing something you are prone to get sloppy.

Anyway accidents happen and wringing your hand saying it's because of the group you hang out with is fucking retarded.

Speaking of retarded Mounies are retarded; not because they get in a lot of accidents, but because they cary too much into the bc, wear silly cloths, and have, "Assistant First Aid Leaders."

note: just to be honest I was a mountie when I was 14, but I dropped out of the intermediate class at 16 and haven't looked back.

If you rap of the end of your ropes, you are in good company. Some very, very good climbers have died that way. A friend of mine likes to have the first person tie into the ends of both strands and be lowered. Then the second rappels.

That way no problems with: 1) uneven ropes, 2) tangled or hung-up ropes or caught by the wind, 3) not reaching the next station.