You’re well protected!

Then you are set

With a capital J,

Which you’ll never forget

Till they cart you away.

When you’re a Jet,

You stay

A Jet!

I can see the carnage now. Bloodstained Seattle Sombreros and torn off zipoff pant legs (khaki or tan) litter the roadway. A corpse lies in the ditch, flies clustering on the bushel of bamboo wands stuffed down its throat. Over at the paddy wagon "The Tool" is reading rights to a battered survivor who is still clutching the dented hexes with which he fought off the final charge.

Cue the somber remourseful ballad from the lone survivor, who took a nut tool in the calf, piercing his OR gaiter.

Listen, sprayers, to a story

That was posted long ago,

'Bout a kingdom on a mountain

And the bumbly-folk below.

On the mountain was a treasure

Buried deep beneath the spray,

And the bumbly-people swore

They'd seige it each and every day.

Go ahead and hate your belayer,

Go ahead and overcam a friend.

Do it in the name of safety,

You can equalize it in the end.

There won't be any chocolate trombones blowing

Come the judgement day,

On the bloody morning after....

One tin climber rides away.

rockband.gif

regretably, frogger lacks the awe-inspiring dipthong i was gunning for - additionally frogger is far too alpine in style for mountie-ites - they'd have to stage a series of camps across the sidewalks, roads, lily pads, etc rather than make the mad-mad dash through hell for the great homing-coming fuck-fantasy at home base. i can't ever see a mountie jumping on the back of a crocidile either - too dangerous!

17mounties3.jpg

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKKK YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!

and it's on like donkey kong...

this photo is so awesome. let's check the details...

from left to right

1) belay gloves... and eating an Oreo?

2) pearbiner in nads

3) dirtlip

4) 50L pack and webbing sausage. middle of the pack both literally and figuratively. probably stayed up the night before to practice knots

5) blue helmet over baseball cap, no polypro under shorts.. the "risk taker" and anti-authoritarian of the group

6)token "old school" climber wearing painters pants in honor of 'Hot Henry'.

7)webbing sausages galore, S over P (except P may be bike tights), and earns extra keener points for wearing Met5 jacket

8) S over P, and 80L pack. Secretly looked up to by #5 because 8 has the bigger pack, thus asserting alpha-male status.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Dru

60 lb backpack and 40 lb sled, please tell us what you were carrying!!!! That's like a 2 week ski tour weight!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Utter foolishness I know. But I was basing my equipt. on previous Scout Winter Camps and not knowing what was up there I prepared for everything plus I also wanted to bring luxuries...I am not a Granola head.

Heres some of what was on the sleds, Peak Stoves, Simmerlite stoves, 4 bottles of fuel, 2 Frying pans, Fondue Pot, 2 Mec pot sets. Two Tents

Food: 3 Bottles of wine, Teryaki Chicken Thighs, Rice, 2 lbs of Brownies, 3 bags hashbrowns, Ham, Bear Cr. soups, Swedish Meatballs, Blocks of cheese, Garlic coil, Smoked salmon, cr. cheese, 3 baguettes,

some Fine Scotch and Butter ripple Schnapps. We ate very well!!!!

wicked Geek_em8.gif

Why is the Everett Group coming the same day as the SEATTLE MOUNTIES INTERMEDIATE CLIMBING CLASS FIELDTRIP??? Don't you guys check to make sure that the Mountaineers don't have two groups in one area on the same weekend?? I would guess that the Seattle Mountaineers are going to have about 50 students there this weekend.

hgb

Why is the Everett Group coming the same day as the SEATTLE MOUNTIES INTERMEDIATE CLIMBING CLASS FIELDTRIP??? Don't you guys check to make sure that the Mountaineers don't have two groups in one area on the same weekend?? I would guess that the Seattle Mountaineers are going to have about 50 students there this weekend.

hgb

I hope someone takes advantage of this outstanding opporunity to update the mounties pic thread.

hgb

TURFWAR!!!!! boxing_smiley.gif

battlecage.gif

hgb

I hope someone takes advantage of this outstanding opporunity to update the mounties pic thread.

I heard that some Mounties will be at a "secret" spot.

Pics would be nice. yelrotflmao.gif