What do you do when the love is gone?

Squid

I'm absolutely uninspired for climbing. This is the first spring since I started climbing that I don't have a 12page ticklist to guide me through the warm sunny months.

I want to like climbing, but right now it has the same appeal as mowing the lawn- just another grind, just another chore.

I know I'm not the first to feel this way, so how do you crusty old farts keep the romance alive?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm absolutely uninspired for climbing. This is the first spring since I started climbing that I don't have a 12page ticklist to guide me through the warm sunny months.

I want to like climbing, but right now it has the same appeal as mowing the lawn- just another grind, just another chore.

I know I'm not the first to feel this way, so how do you crusty old farts keep the romance alive?

have you ever considered selling your shirt and buying a pad? bouldering is the new black.

Huck the f###ing "ticklist" and go climbing just for the fun of it. Enjoy being outdoors just for the beauty of it. Slow down, smell the tincture.

go climbing with a motivated partner on something that challenges you, something kinda long to. motivation can be infecious. similary climbing 5.8's with an unmotivated partner can be as depressing as your daily whack off in the shower

additionally motivation can be gained from the fact that if an uber hottie like steph davis sees you and she climbs harder than you she will probably think your a tool

That's just the lust that's gone,

the love is still there, it's just not as obvious,

and you have to work harder with less reward

to get the same appreciation.

Welcome to familiarity breeding contempt,

and you saying: "Go To Hell, Contempt!"

rockband.gif